Due to continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Education Technology (EdTech) Product Manager to take the lead on our flagship EdTech product offering, Glean for Education. As a learning-focussed and inclusive online note taking solution, we are uniquely positioned to define what learning looks like in the post-COVID EdTech landscape. We are therefore looking for an experienced and highly skilled commercial product manager to help us realise our growth plan and solidify our place in the emerging EdTech ecosystem and achieve our goal of improving learning outcomes for over a million students.
Joining a passionate, committed team that has managed the development and launch of our unique note taking solution, Glean, you will lead our flagship product offering into the Education market(s), including undertaking key discovery work and will be the driving force behind the ongoing development of the solution.
Working on the most innovative iteration of our portfolio, you’ll have a track record of ideation with hands-on discovery work and have brought multiple new software solutions to market.
If you are a driven, commercially focused Product Manager, looking for a fast paced and disruptive organisation at the cusp of huge transformation and growth, this presents an ideal opportunity for you to join our existing Product team, bringing your commercial experience to help us grow to the next level on our Product leadership journey.
You will be driving THE key element of the Glean product portfolio into Education market(s). Collaborating with a team of Product Managers together with internal stakeholders from Design, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and of course externally with customers, partners (and analysts) you will ensure a rounded approach to driving the solution forward in advance of the needs of Glean customers.
- Responsible for managing the planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle – from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Understand and be a source of knowledge for the buyer(s) and their journey(s)
- Stewardship of Glean user and buyer personas
- Own and drive the business plan(s) for the solution
- Own and manage the ongoing product roadmap collaborating with Design and Engineering to ensure that the solution(s) delivered fulfils the needs of the customers in a timely manner
- Drive go to market planning and execution to ensure growth and operations are ready across all markets
You will be a passionate, experienced, self motivated Product Manager, with a track record of driving innovative SaaS solutions to market, with strong experience within the Education Technology market.
You have solid, demonstrable experience and understanding regarding software product management and possess a high level technical understanding of software development and delivery in an agile world. Your background will also clearly demonstrate significant knowledge in SaaS software management in Product Management and optionally Product Marketing.
You will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of Product Management and / or Marketing within a high-tech company with focus on software management, specifically in the Education Technology market
- Commercial acumen: a proven track record of understanding business value, with a key sensitivity to understanding sales and marketing challenges and building collateral to positively manage such challenges with the objective of strengthening business and making product / solution sales
- Attitude: focused on building solutions with the customer always in mind while ensuring that sales and product profitability / revenue remains front and centre
- Results oriented: structured and organized as an individual with execution as a key orientation for driving results
- Significant experience of the Education Technology market
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Group pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours
We’re based in Leeds city centre but currently we’re remote working due to the ongoing pandemic. We’ve continued to grow and expand as a business during this time so our remote onboarding process is well established and efficient. We will supply you with everything you need to get started including all the necessary information and equipment.
Sonocent is a fast-growing, award-winning tech-for-good software company that has transformed the way hundreds of thousands of students worldwide learn.
For the last few years we have been working on the next big thing - Sonocent’s ‘Glean’; a SaaS product aimed at students who are looking for a simple web-based note taking solution. Its clean work space creates a distraction-free, stress-free process to help students focus in the moment and then later organise and utilise information to create meaningful notes.
We are thrilled that Glean has finally been launched to market, having already been trialled by over 200 American Colleges and Universities. We truly believe that this product is our vehicle to remarkable growth, and this means we need your help for it — and us — to reach our full potential.