Hello, we’re Bendi - a sustainable fashion information technology company looking for a sustainability research intern.
Bendi helps fashion companies to manage and communicate their sustainability impacts. We do this using cutting edge data science and AI techniques alongside best-in-class design.
This is an opportunity for someone to join a fast-growing organisation looking to make a positive impact in the world. The right person will be offered additional pay to the Kickstarter scheme and offered full-time employment as the company grows. If you are passionate about sustainability and fashion, we would love to talk to you.
You will support Bendi’s founders and data scientists by undertaking research into the sustainability impacts of fashion products. The role requires some familiarity with sustainability topics and familiarity with desk research methods, including standardising research outputs. Research areas will include the impacts of clothing production on sustainability impacts such as climate change, biodiversity, water usage and labour rights.
What you will do
- Research sources of information, both structured and unstructured, relating to sustainability impacts for the clothing industry from sources including NGOs, government bodies, fashion brands, industry experts etc.
- Research, analyse and record impacts reported by existing stakeholders in the fashion and sustainability space.
- Develop a database of relevant sustainability sources (e.g. textile certifications, life cycle assessments, country regulations, CSR reports etc.) and how they relate to the fashion industry.
- Read and summarise the findings of important reports for the sector
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required such as supporting marketing efforts.
This is a position for a smart, talented individual who is interested in the power of technology to be a force for good.
- You have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- You enjoy researching information and can spot a potential rabbit-hole from a relevant source of information.
- You are able to organise your thoughts clearly and enjoy presenting detailed information in a logical and structured way. You are comfortable talking through the choices you make.
- You have a demonstrable interest in topics related to sustainability and the fashion industry.
- You will enjoy taking on challenges. You should enjoy solving problems and learning about things beyond your role.
This placement is part of the government’s Kickstarter scheme.
Who can apply to Kickstart roles?
- You must be aged 16-24 and receiving Universal Credit to apply for this role.
- If this applies to you, and you want to find out more please speak to your Work Coach at Jobcentre Plus.
- Please note we cannot accept applications directly, please direct any enquiries to your Work Coach at Jobcentre Plus
- In your referral to Jobcentre Plus, please quote reference: Bendi, KSF71AFEBC
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of who we are as an organisation. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds – all genders, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. However, we particularly encourage applications from anyone who identifies as a woman, those with disabilities and Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the technology industry.
And our direct application form next is here https://airtable.com/shrVWlKPC0mzdXPVi