Forward Partners is an early-stage venture capital firm, meets startup studio.
We invest from day zero through to Series A, focusing primarily on applied AI, marketplaces and e-commerce. Out of our early-stage funds, we’ve invested in 55+ companies including Patch, Appear Here, Fy!, CountingUp. Makers and Koru Kids.
In keeping with our core belief that the real work begins after founders raise money, our purpose-built startup studio of in-house engineers, designers, marketers, and talent specialists is on-hand to support our companies to design, build and grow.
We also fund growth of all stages through our equity-free revenue-based finance product, Forward Advances.
Are you passionate about building connections, relationships and reputations? If so, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone to play a leading role across all digital marketing and PR efforts at Forward. In this role you will be responsible for shaping content strategy, developing and writing content, and building relationships with the startup community, influencers and the media. Day to day, you’ll develop a stream of outstanding communications, initiatives and events, as well as finding opportunities for press coverage, speaking engagements, awards and announcements.
We’re looking for a candidate with a proven track record of building and executing PR, communications and marketing plans across a variety of channels. Ideally you’ll have experience and a network within the London startup ecosystem and experience gained within a technology company, startup or agency environment.
You’ll be working alongside a highly experienced and motivated team and report to Jared, Head of Growth and Marketing. The Growth & Marketing team sits within the Studio at Forward. We exist to help Forward reach as many people as possible, then help our portfolio companies grow through strategic support.
It's worth noting that while PR experience is required, we have a strong partnership in place with a leading PR firm, so your efforts will compliment and sit alongside their contribution.
What will I be doing?
- Content management, development and creation for Forward across a range of media and platforms - from blog posts to thought leadership downloads - carefully developed with a key audience and objective in mind.
- Digital PR & community outreach - cultivating relationships with influential print, digital and broadcast journalists or thought leaders to secure coverage.
- Execute campaigns and manage production and promotion - from landing pages to PDFs, videos to social media, conferences to breakfast briefings.
- Run events on and offline, driving attendance and engagement through digital tools.
- Measure, analyse, report and improve: use tools including Google Analytics, SEM Rush and Hubspot to track progress, measure results and drive improvements in key metrics.
- Work directly with our portfolio companies to deliver content-led growth plans in conjunction with the Head of Growth & Marketing.
What experience would be valuable?
- Senior Marketing and PR experience, preferably from within in an agency or a B2C or B2B startup environment.
- You know what great content looks and sounds like, and you're able to adapt your tone and voice to suit an organisation or audience.
- You should be comfortable writing long and short-form copy, and producing multimedia content.
- We're obsessed about providing value to our audiences so we're looking for a research-led approach to designing content and SEO.
- Experience managing components of a marketing budget and owning key aspects of a marketing plan.
- Expertise in social media outreach, promotion and engagement.
- A data-driven approach and familiarity with how to build a strategy for content based on research.
- Familiarity with PR platforms, such as Cision and Meltwater, and SEO practicalities using tools like MoZ and SEMRush.
Our additional ‘nice to haves’
- Previous experience within a VC environment. It would be beneficial but it's definitely not essential! We're here to bring you up to speed with the ecosystem.
Are you interested in the role but not sure your experience ticks all of the boxes? Please still apply. We appreciate that some of the things we’re looking for aren’t essential to being successful in this role. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
- Carried interest scheme (your stake in our performance).
- 25 days of holiday per year (of which 2 can be duvet days) plus bank holidays. 1 extra day awarded per calendar year served.
- AXA private medical insurance (for you and your partner or family).
- £300 (pro rata) annual L&D budget to spend via Sunlight (+ additional budget at your manager’s discretion).
- Paid parental leave.
- Free breakfast, snacks and drinks (in our office).
Salary: up to £65,000
Role type: full time permanent
Location: remote at the moment. Later in the year we will be adopting a hybrid working model, where we will spend 2-days a week together in our office (Old Street, London). You therefore must be able to travel into London.
Our Equal Opportunities belief
We value all people as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, caring responsibilities, or religion. If anything about your experience differs from this, we encourage you to speak with us.