A big hello from the team at Compucorp!
Our mission is to empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world.
We work with Charities across the digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations streamline and reimagine the way they work so that they can focus on impact.
Uniquely, we base all our solutions on open source products, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. In particular, we do a lot of our work on the Drupal CMS platform and a not-for-profit focussed CRM platform called CiviCRM. Our clients include Charities such as Amnesty, Farm Africa and Wikimedia, but also educational membership associations and government bodies too.
About this role
We are looking for an ambitious new Cloud Infrastructure Project Manager to join the Compucorp team. Reporting to the Head of Product you will be joining a talented team of infrastructure engineers as the team project manager and be responsible for delivering a wide range of cloud infrastructure related projects using agile development methodologies.
The infrastructure team underpins everything that we deliver technically to clients and your role will be critical in ensuring that the infrastructure team are identifying and delivering to support our long term business objectives.
Your role will be pivotal in gathering the infrastructure needs of the business and working with the infrastructure technical lead to develop a roadmap. You will manage and facilitate agile development sprints to deliver against the team's goals. You will also help to communicate changes in processes that will be affected by the automations and platforms the team builds.
The role is internally focussed and may best suit someone with an engineering mindset who is interested in the development of highly secure and scalable cloud solutions.
We’re a very process-driven team who always seek to do things “the right way” and we’re looking for people who can help us to develop and refine the way we work to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest quality service to our clients and to the sector as a whole.
In short, we’re a team of self-confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right, and we're looking for someone with the same "can do" attitude to join our growing team.
Compucorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.
- Join the infrastructure team as a dedicated project manager to oversee the short, medium and long term planning of tasks and projects.
- Interface with the rest of the company to understand infrastructure needs and to translate those needs into clearly defined Epics.
- Work with the infrastructure technical lead to prioritise those Epics to develop the team roadmap.
- Prioritise and manage the ticket backlog before planning and managing agile sprints, ensuring that sprint objectives are met.
- Interface with the client project management team to help with booking of infrastructure resources to meet client deadlines.
- Assist the infrastructure technical lead to communicate changes to internal processes due to infrastructure automation.
What we value in this role:
- You love the challenge of making complex things simple
- You look to learn at every opportunity
- You search for and propose improvements at all levels as part of your work
- You’re someone who likes to implement processes and ensure they are followed
- You seek to learn from others as well as share your knowledge and experience
- You are detail oriented but can also see the big picture when needed
- Can do / make it happen attitude
- And most of all - you are a team player who likes to collaborate with other members of a larger team!
- You will have 4+ years of experience in managing technical teams in agile environment
- Familiarity with web development methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing the delivering of AWS based infrastructure services with demonstrable success in cloud automation and infrastructure as code
- Experience working with remote teams
- AWS certifications
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and Infrastructure as Code tools
- Strong knowledge of IT compliance, information security, and risk management
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Location: Remote / Shoreditch, London. Office based (When the office reopens!)
Salary Range: £30-40k
Application start date: 9th June 2021
Application closing date: 9th August 2021
How to apply:
If you think this is the role for you, please visit the careers page on our website to send your CV through to us with a short covering statement explaining what caught your interest and why you think you'll fit in.