Founded in London, in 2010, Glassworks is a fashion retailer known for its fresh style and exclusive designs. With three London stores, Glassworks is focused on maintaining a strong design aesthetic, warm stylish atmosphere in store and strong customer focus whilst pursuing additional channels for growth.
The Retail Store Manager will be a highly organized, confident self-starter who will take on the responsibility of managing one Glassworks retail location on a day-to-day basis. You will lead a retail team staffed appropriate to your location and will report into the Retail Area Manager. This role is perfect for someone who is driven to succeed in retail management who is mature, quick-thinking and can handle a range of situations and personalities. No two days are the same and as the company grows, the stores will be regularly improved and performance targets elevated. As you will be responsible for the daily management of the store, you must be able to work and lead independently and will have previous experience that illustrates this strength. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious person to play a core role in driving a company to success.
So what will I be doing every day?
- Managing the people, store operations and store environment to achieve sales, service, organisation, customer satisfaction and profitability goals and maintain operational standards;
- Planning and distributing the staffing schedule keeping labour costs within budget;
- Managing the retail team and developing in-store talent including communicating and delivering rewards and recognition for the team;
- Recruiting and delivering new staff training/onboarding process and continued staff training for new information/procedures;
- Overseeing the stock delivery, stock transfer and stock room maintenance processes;
- Developing creative strategies (e.g., new product, VM ideas) to maximise the role of the store within the territory;
- Monitoring the store sales targets/KPIs and managing the team and operations to achieve excellent store performance marks in monthly management reviews; and
- Effectively managing performance and corrective action processes in conjunction with Human Resources.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of retail management experience is essential, preferably in women’s fashion
- IT skills – you will be comfortable using and learning new technologies. This includes Microsoft Excel, an electric POS system, barcoding software, etc. You will receive training but must be a quick learner in this area and able to sort out basic technology issues independently
- You must be mature, honest, and hard-working with great management and interpersonal skills and a keen eye for detail
- A natural ability and strong desire to manage and lead
- Professional, well spoken, with excellent communication skills
- Pension scheme
- Vibrant team culture