Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are the world’s leading and most loved flower and gifting platform, growing at 100% year on year (and we’ve been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the pandemic).
2021 has already been an exciting year for us, in January we announced our £75 million Series D funding round round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), with participation from multiple other top tier investors including Index Ventures (who have also backed companies such as Transferwise and Glossier). More recently in April we announced the acquisition of the Dutch online flower business bloomon, together creating Europe's leading online flower delivery company, active across 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team - so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team. We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020
Operations at Bloom & Wild
The Operations team at Bloom & Wild is structured broadly into three sub-teams, although in practice these sub-teams all work very closely together:
- Fulfilment & Delivery - working closely with our fulfilment partners and carrier partners to achieve operational excellence and optimise for customer satisfaction, delivery performance, capacity and associated COGS. This sub-team also manages our cross-functional peak planning processes and forecasting at fulfilment level
- Own fulfilment team - we have recently launched our own warehouse in Germany. This team optimises for customer satisfaction, quality and associated COGs
- Supply Chain and Quality - this team manages our supply chain for packaging and non floral gifts as well as working with our flower supply chain partners to optimise for quality in our supply chain
Our key enablers are data and technology, so there is close collaboration with those teams. Even for those processes where we outsource the execution, we use data to continually feedback to our partners and optimise and innovate our processes and products. As a wider team, you’ll be working with collaborative and passionate people who care about what they do. It’s a fast-paced environment, very few days are the same and there is plenty of opportunity for immediate impact!
The role and ways of working
You'll draw on your previous experience to quickly implement ideas and rapidly impact the success of our operations function. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s looking to join a fast-growth, data-driven business and who genuinely cares about creating the best customer experience.
Reporting to our Director of Fulfilment & Delivery, you’ll help scale our fulfilment and delivery projects as we expand into new markets, products and service lines:
- In collaboration with local operations teams and centralised range, finance (FP&A), and business development teams you’ll plan, execute and own several projects, and champion operational excellence by applying an analytical and strategic way of thinking.
- You’ll help to design in-depth business cases alongside key business stakeholders across our Business Development, Data Science and Operations teams.
- You’ll lead the trial of potential new activities, establishing criteria for success and iterating our approach rapidly to test against our criteria.
- You’ll take business as usual ownership of one or more prioritised new activities as we seek to scale it commercially.
- We're looking for someone who can bring prior experience to innovate and challenge our current ways of doing things.
- You will bring energy and positivity to the role, looking for every opportunity to learn and craft the role around our values; care, pride, customer first, innovation and delight.
- 2-4 years experience at a top-tier consulting or banking firm, or a high-growth startup.
- Proactive project manager - you get things done, are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, and you have a proven ability to manage multiple projects and requests.
- Strong analytical skills - a data-driven decision maker who is comfortable analysing data and deriving insights in Excel, through detailed model-building in particular.
- Communication & relationship management - you have excellent communication skills and experience in managing multiple senior stakeholders, with a collaborative style that enables you to work with a range of different people and teams.
- Intellectually curious - you’re excited about problem solving with others in a fun and dynamic team
- Track record of crafting meaningful insights that drive business impact
- Attention to detail - you sweat the details and take care in your work so that you deliver to a consistently excellent standard
- Customer empathy - you put customers first, seek to understand what works for them and champion them in your decision making
- Innovative - you enjoy figuring out new tech, testing, learning and trying new things
- Driven - you are enthusiastic, passionate and keen to deliver results that impact the business
Currently our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. We pride ourselves in fulfilling our Work From Home Promise - here
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
Return to work and our new normal
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
In accordance to government guidelines:
- We do not plan to fully open the office back up until at least the 21st of June. The office will be open for people to use it as much or as little as they’d like.
- We will continue not to expect people to come in as a norm, but managers may ask team members to come in for specific reasons with plenty of notice (unless you are a fully remote team member)
- Bloom & Wild has no expectation that team members will need to come into the office 5 days per week again!
When we’re in the office:
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4)
- We offer flexible bank holidays so at any time you can make a bank holiday day-off trade and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar.
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here.
Our Recruitment Process
Applications for this role will close at end of day on Friday 25th June.
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve an initial call with someone from our People team, followed by an interview/case study with our Director of Fulfilment & Delivery, and final interview with our COO.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.