At www.GoVolunteer.com and www.GoNature.de we are building two inspiring online volunteering platforms. The goal: encourage young people in Germany and beyond to take on responsibility for our society and become active volunteers for social and sustainable causes.
The current version of our websites is our starting point for achieving great things: We are aiming to transform our online offering into a highly interactive and strongly growing community of like-minded individuals and organizations. We are looking for an outstanding Product Owner to help us realize our social impact vision.
Do you have experience as product owner/manager in agile teams? Would you like to apply your skills for a good cause & become part of an ambitious social impact venture?
What tasks and team setting can you expect?
- Be part of a cross-functional, agile team and act as a liaison between Software Developers, Designers and Product Manager
- Contribute to key planning and decision making for the CMS development of our platforms
- Update & prioritize product backlog, manage sprint planning and coordinate releases
- Write ready-to-implement user stories and establish acceptance criteria
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders, keeping everyone up-to-date
- Work closely with the Head of Product to shape the product vision
- Coordinate an external developer team, establish lean processes (Scrum) and ensure high quality standards (QA)
What skills do you need?
- 3+ years experience as a Product Owner/Manager or Business Analyst in agile teams
- Strong communication skills & ability to collaborate well with colleagues
- Experience in building content management systems (CMS)
- Experience working iteratively using Scrum and Kanban in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficiency in using Jira and other essential project management software
- Roadmap prioritization experience & aptitude to structure and deliver multiple projects
- Passion for solving real-life problems through customer-focused design and intelligent software solutions
- Fluency in English (at least level C1); knowledge of German is very helpful
- A positive, proactive approach to your job and a collaborative spirit
- Nice to have: experience in IT operations or technical background
MUST HAVE: Project Management, Agile, Clear Communication, Structure, Problem Solving, Creativity, Team Player, Self-Organized, Social Impact Motivation, Jira, CMS systems
What do we offer?
- Get to know a young Berlin social startup from the inside: We are highly energized and always on the lookout for new opportunities to create positive impact in society.
- Assume responsibility: Work independently and goal-oriented. Contribute your own ideas and help us find the best solution for our target groups.
- Develop your skills & interests: Regular trainings and workshops offer you the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Meet people: Become part of our diverse impact community and meet like-minded people from all over the world.
- Fair salary: We aim to pay a fair social sector remuneration. Feel free to let us know what your expectations are.
- Awesome coworking location: We are located at the heart of the capital in Berlin’s first social coworking and event space, MACHWERK in der Alten Münze.
- Have fun: Team events are our speciality. We close our week with community drinks and a friendly get-together.
What is important to us?
We strive to be a diverse workplace that fosters diversity, openness and mutual respect. Therefore we invite applications from all who are interested, regardless of origin, age, religion, sexual and gender identity, disability and from people with a migrant background and people of color.
Apply now! Send us your CV, a short introduction and two references (links to work samples, contact details of former employers). Please mention where you found us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to getting to know you and your ideas to create impact.