Automata is building a world-class company and disrupting the automation industry with Eva, the first low cost high functioning Industrial Automation Robot. We’re changing the perception that robotic technology is expensive and complex, by empowering people to automate physical aspects of ‘work’.
We’re looking for a IT Manager with a specialty in manufacturing IT solutions, definition and architecture, business process mapping and optimization.
To be considered for this role you will have strong organisational, analytical and problem solving ability combined with excellent communication skills and a passion for data, analysis and the insights it leads to.
We would like to find driven people who are excited by technical challenges and love working hands-on as part of a team.
No robotics experience needed but curiosity and passion appreciated!
Why is this role important to Automata?
In order to deliver award-winning automation, our Manufacturing Operations have to be as innovative as our robot. We use a range of hardware and software tools to diagnose faults and collate data for analysis and this role will ensure that our hardware and software used in the manufacture of our products work, are reliable and up to date.
We are also passionate about optimization and this role is pivotal in improving our production processes through ensuring that assemblies function correctly, processes are complete and we have records to show what we’ve done and how we’ve done it.
You will also be investigating and implementing new software and hardware, making sure queries linked to our production tests and jigs are delved into and resolved.
The main activities of this role are;
- Working with suppliers to understand issues surrounding the use of our current software stack and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure computers and hardware used by production and the manufacturing teams are functioning and have up to date Software
- Administer and Maintain the setup of existing production related software and hardware [Knack, PDM]
- Integrate new software for use in the manufacturing group into work flows, troubleshoot and administer its use.
- Develop existing integrations of software to provide new functionality and capability from tools already used.
- Identify new software to improve capability and help test it for evaluation and deployment. [MES/QMS/Tulip]
- Issues Faults and anomalies with Automata’s software on the robots are resolved
- Development and performance tests authored in projects are effectively transferred to the production environment.
- Computer based jigs and software developed by external parties are clearly specified, contracted and delivered into cost.
- Conduct or Contract the refactoring of proprietary software which is unreliable or difficult to maintain.
- Conduct integration work on behalf of teams purchasing new software for use in the manufacturing workflow of the company.
- Maintain licensing details, and agreements for software used in the manufacturing stack
- Setup configuration and deployment of new machines, jigs and software developed by the engineering teams
- Production of documentation relating to use configuration and maintenance of systems forming part of the manufacturing stack
What will you bring to the role?
- Demonstrable experience working in a technical environment
- Ability to apply clear systemic thinking to sourcing and configuring software
- Attitudinally disposed to maintaining up time and functionality of the production platform over an extended period of time
- Worked in support function of IT in the past
- Technical degree in computer science or similar
- You have previously identified, scoped and integrated a major software platform into an organisation. Bonus points for experience with MES systems
- Understanding of, or interest in learning, Continuous Integration (DevOps)
- Knowledge of Linux & orchestration tools such as ansible
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Robotics and our growing success is built upon like-minded individuals who share our passion.
Our engineering teams are an eclectic mix of people but we’re unified by our passion to make a robot that’s so easy to program your Nanna could do it. We love meme montages, Dungeons, Dragons and type constraints.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship for candidates outside the EU for this role.