💻 Full-time, permanent
📍 Remote-first with fortnightly team meetups & unlimited access to vibrant central London HQ
💸 £50-80K + meaningful equity
🚀 If the future of work has radically changed, why hasn't our approach to education?
Backed by some of the world's leading tech entrepreneurs and operators (incl. the co-founders of lastminute.com, MADE.com, Degreed, Flixster, Curve, Ada Health, Lendable, Builder.ai), we're on a mission to build the world's first on-demand business school. One that's been radically reimagined for a new generation of modern business leaders.
We're looking for a talented full stack developer to join us on that mission and help build Framework’s whole-system solution and delivery pipeline from the ground up. As one of our first technical hires, you'd be a foundational pillar of our founding team.
Do you want to join us on the adventure?
🌍 ABOUT US
We believe there’s a new breed of modern professionals building the businesses that will shape our future. They live in startupland and are passionate about harnessing new technologies to build a better world.
However, even the most motivated individuals face 3 major obstacles in their pursuit of accelerated professional growth:
— Lack of time
— Lack of guidance
— Choice overload
Inspired by what Duolingo has done for language learning, Headspace has done for mindfulness, Fitbit has done for fitness, we're on a mission to build the ultimate lifelong learning companion for the modern business leader: an on-demand business school that's future-focused operator-led and community-driven.
Our ambition is to scale a new generation of modern business leaders by giving them the on-demand knowledge and networks to build world-class teams, products and companies. The ones that history will remember.
👋🏼 ABOUT OUR FOUNDERS
Born out of Founders Forum, a global network of the world's most successful tech entrepreneurs, we sit at the heart of Europe's tech ecosystem. This gives us unparalleled insight into the future of work.
Before Framework, our team launched Founders Academy, a zero-tuition 9-month "alternative-MBA" co-created with London's fastest growing tech scaleups (incl. Depop, Bulb, Memrise and more). We worked closely with 100+ operators across product, growth, ops, people, data, engineering & design to pioneer a world-leading curriculum spanning the fundamental business, technology and human literacies required to thrive in the future of work.
We’re now excited to launch Framework to scale our ambition and productise our unique insights into a mobile-first social learning experience to serve a new generation of modern business leaders across the globe.
🔧 ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Full Stack Developer, you will work closely with Tomos our Founding CTO, and our co-founders to develop and launch the first version of our mobile app, with the goal of it being loved and used daily by 5K+ Founding Members, in<12 months.
This will involve:
- Working with the Product team to produce domain-driven models that the whole business can recognise.
- Developing clean microservices, APIs and data storage, supporting our users in achieving their goals.
- Composing serverless components that result in a responsive system with growth potential to match our ambition.
- Baking quality into the delivery pipeline via CI/CD and automated QA.
- Adopting a "build it, run it" DevOps culture, with quality operational feedback and learning loops.
- Partnering with the rest of the founding team to contribute to prototyping, experimenting and building delightful and beautiful mobile app features.
🌟 ABOUT YOU
We're looking someone special to join our founding team. We'd absolutely love to hear from you if you:
- Can talk with pride about a GraphQL, NodeJS, serverless project from your career.
- Have a deep understanding of cloud platform constructs, preferably AWS.
- Can clearly articulate, via lived experience, the benefits and trade-offs of a microservices-based architecture.
- Feel equally comfortable working with relational or NoSQL data storage.
- Demonstrate passion for delivering flexible and well-oiled systems, utilising CI / CD to produce clean code safely, but quickly.
- Show a fearless understanding of API conventions (e.g. GraphQL), serverless microservices (e.g. AWS Lambda / Node / TypeScript), data storage (both relational and non-relational) and highly-observable cloud-hosted systems.
- Thoughtfully embrace rapid prototyping, product experimentation and operational metrics, as a foundation for sustainable code and scalable fault-tolerant systems.
- Courteously work with other engineers, wider company and customers, listening and communicating effectively throughout.
WHAT WE OFFER
We care deeply about attracting exceptional people and empowering them to do their best work. Here are just some of the ways we'll set you up for success:
- 💰 Competitive compensation & significant upside: £50-80K + meaningful equity, with a clear roadmap for progression. We want to make sure that you win if we win.
- ⛩ Freedom to do your best work: We're building a choice-first culture. You can choose to work from home or from the Founders Forum HQ in High Street Kensington. Wherever you can do your best work.
- 💻 A tech stack to supercharge your productivity: You'll get a brand new MacBook, support for optimising your home office and access to the latest tech tools to help you fly through the day.
- 💚 Sustainable working habits: Building an enduring world-class company is a marathon not a sprint. We believe in steady progress without burning out. We offer 25 days paid leave + bank holidays.
- 🙌 A collaborative culture: Just like a high-performing sports team, we form meaningful bonds, learn from failures, and are here to win together. We'll do everything we can to support your growth.
HOW WE INTERVIEW
We believe magic happens when there's strong mutual alignment. That's why we treat the interview process as a two-way conversation. We'll always aim to get back to you quickly and can move as fast as you can. Here's a basic outline of our 3-step process:
- Step 1—Initial Interviews: You'll meet 1 or 2 of the founders where you'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role. We'll ask you questions about your skills, experiences, motivations and goals.
- Step 2—Assignment: You'll be asked to complete a take-home assignment that'll give you a good taster of the kind of things you'll be working on in your first 3 months. You'll be compensated with a £50 Amazon voucher for completing the task because we know your time is valuable.
- Step 3—Final Workshop: You'll meet the founders again along with a couple of others in the team to talk through your assignment as part of a working session. This is a chance for us to mutually test drive what it'd be like to work together. As always, you'll have a chance to ask us questions.
WHY JOIN US
- This is a career-defining adventure. You'll be part of the founding team of a funded startup with the ambition and platform to build a truly innovative product that will be used by millions of learners around the world.
- You will get the unique opportunity to build a lasting engineering legacy. This is a zero legacy role - we will share a responsibility to build an outstanding tech stack and engineering culture from scratch. Doing so will give us a competitive edge, and you'll have enormous influence in making this a reality.
- You will be at the heart of Europe's tech ecosystem. We collaborate a lot with our sister businesses across the Founders Forum Family—a vibrant ecosystem committed to supporting entrepreneurs and innovators.