Raft is a successful independent furniture retailer managed by two co-founders - Mick Quinn and Heinz Frye. Having been on the market for the last 22 years, Raft operates with great results across many channels - stores, phone sales, web chat, and website. Famous not only for it’s stylish designs and second to none quality materials, Raft’s customer service is what makes the company stand out from the competition. Excellently trained staff, who are true experts in all things interiors, deliver a personalised and tailored service to each and every customer of Raft, regardless of the channel of choice.
The secret to Raft’s success lies in the people behind the brand. It is a very rare opportunity to join the amazing team, who treat each other like family and work together to create a great commercial success for everybody involved, while helping Brits design the most stylish and elegant homes. If this sounds like a place for you, keep reading.
About the role:
The purpose of the role is to coordinate E-Commerce and Marketing efforts across other key functions in the business - Brand, Product, Sales, Content, Growth and Social Media. Leveraging assets available in the business, the E-Commerce manager is responsible for growing sales online and via web chat, as well as supporting the phone sales channel. Key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating development and overseeing implementation of E-commerce Strategy for Raft
- Coordinating campaigns and marketing activities across functions - brand, design, product, content, growth & web development
- Keeping all website content accurate and up to date
- Supporting and overseeing work of internal and external stakeholders in the wider marketing function - brand, content, growth, social media, design and web development
- Contributing towards and coordinating execution of Raft E-commerce and Marketing strategy across channels - stores, web, phones and web chat
- Managing brand reputation through monitoring and responding to comments and reviews via TrustPilot, Google and Facebook reviews
- Overseeing work of 2 direct reports
To succeed in this role, you will be a self starter and very happy to work independently. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as good understanding of digital marketing and e-commerce. Outstanding organisation and time management skills will also be key in this role, as it involves managing a wide range of projects and tasks, while liaising with numerous internal and external stakeholders.You will also be very happy to roll up your sleeves and get things done yourself - we are a small team and everyone is focused on maximum output for the business.
- 2-3 years of experience in e-commerce in a brand lead business, preferably an SME
- Solid understanding of e-commerce space as well as marketing in general
- Experience in website content maintenance via Magento, Shopify or other platforms
- Experience using online marketing software such as social media scheduling, email broadcasters, website heatmaps etc
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and digital data
- A degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing or E-commerce
- Right to live and work in the UK
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a small but growing team of highly ambitious individuals
- Work in an established business environment, yet with start-up approach and growth ambitions
- Generous discount on all Raft products
- 28 holidays
- £40k pa, depending on experience
- Working from our beautiful offices in Cricklewood, NW London
How to apply:
- Send your CV and cover letter
- Write a short paragraph about why you believe we should choose you
- Tell us about one of our competitor’s website and what you believe they did right with it to enhance sales
Please note that applications without all the three elements will NOT be considered.