We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our design team, working closely with our Product, Engineering and Marketing teams, to drive best in class design experiences across a wide range of areas. We are a small team and so we need a flexible designer, someone who can create simple and easy to use experiences to enhance areas of the heycar website while also being able to create beautiful illustrations and creative assets. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a wide range of design skills in a fast moving start up.
As part of the design team, you will design flows, experiences and prototypes which are elegant, simple and easy to use. You’ll delight users with creative designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine and improve the experience for users while also contributing to the design system and brand guidelines.
You should have a passion for all things design, and a proven track record of bringing innovative design ideas to life. You’ll bring a creative and intuitive perspective to each project and be the voice of the user, ensuring that our designs raise the bar.
What you’ll do:
- Design flows, experiences and prototypes which are elegant, simple and easy to use
- You will collaborate with product, engineering and marketing to understand requirements, and iterate on creative, thoughtful solutions
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to develop and expand the design system
- Conduct user research and provide recommendations to your squad and the wider company
- Contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the team, running and facilitating workshops when needed
- Set expectations and estimate time and delivery of UI components
- Apply appropriate UI design patterns and components to the right product
- Document pattern libraries and style guide
What you’ll need:
- You’re at least 3 years into your professional design career and have a strong portfolio demonstrating your experience working end-to-end on responsive web.
- You're a versatile designer. We are a small team and so it'd be beneficial to have a general appreciation of all things design across visual, experience and systems
- You’re passionate about pixels, craftsmanship and the impact of design with a solid understanding of user-centred design and interaction design principles
- Knowledge of industry design tools such as Sketch, The Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Zeplin
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- An interest in being a part of a fast moving, growing business
- Strong work ethic and highly ambitious;
What we’ll give you:
- Compensation: we offer a competitive salary + performance based bonus
- Benefits + Perks: with private medical insurance, learning and development opportunities, mental health support through Spill and much more; we’ll give you the extra boost
- Feedback: you'll be joining more than just another startup - our team members are at the heart of everything we do; here we don’t leave things unsaid, we encourage honest feedback.
- Energy: our best ideas come from unannounced whiteboarding sessions, but be ready to fail fast and often
- A Challenge: fast paced but not fraught. We’re scaling fast, so we need to you to keep up, push back and question where you see fit
- Fun: we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, table tennis, roof terrace, and epic socials, we’ve got you covered but we do advise table tennis lessons before joining
If you’re ready to work with a creative, high-performing group of people at our Holborn HQ - we want to hear from you!