Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we're mainly an online business, selling our pasta through our website, Pasta Evangelists is also the only pasta brand in Harrods. We’ve also kicked off our partnership with M&S, are sold in Amazon, Ocado and have a thriving new business with dark kitchens working with Deliveroo.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food companies in the UK! We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the largest pasta company in the world.
We are looking to hire a Head of Commercial, to help support the business through our next chapter. This role would suit a candidate who has experience of managing & optimising a complex product range (ideally across several distribution channels including e-commerce) with a track record of driving continuous improvement for customers. You’ll also take the lead on procurement, ensuring we are buying the right products at the right price. The result? An amazing experience for Pasta Evangelists customers wherever they choose to shop with us.
Who you are:
- You have at least 5 years experience of managing a complex food range across different distribution channels and have an in-depth knowledge of how to strategically optimise a range of SKUs for customer experience and cost;
- You will take ownership for the quality of food at Pasta Evangelists, regularly consulting customer feedback & ratings to guide our chefs in making targeted improvements to our range;
- You have strong experience of managing multiple suppliers and their associated performance;
- You live and breathe new product development! You will lead on new product development, working with our chefs to create new products based on food trends & competitor analysis, as well as insights/asks from our customers;
- You are very metrics-driven and have a proven track record of driving improvements in a quantifiable way;
- You have owned a procurement function and understand stock management;
- You’ve worked in a fast-paced operational or start-up environment before, and understand how important being both proactive and reactive is for success;
- You don’t turn a blind eye to issues, but instead you jump on them and have a strong desire to solve them;
- You are highly proficient in using tools such as Excel and Google Sheets.
What you'll do:
- Join our Pasta Evangelists Food Team as Head of Commercial, reporting directly to our MD;
- Provide strategic leadership & direction for our Food Team in collaboration with our Head of Food;
- Own procurement at Pasta Evangelists, with a Procurement Manager reporting in to you
- Own, manage & continually drive improvements in our product range across all Pasta Evangelists distribution channels (e-commerce meal kits, dark kitchens, concessions, retail);
- Your KPIs will be around food quality (customer ratings), NPS across our different distribution channels and costs;
- Manage multiple suppliers and their performance and costs and coach them to care about the customer 100% of the time;
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to all processes that you own so that we can get better and better;
- Help and support your team to be the best they can be. Live and breathe their development.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to help take Pasta to the next level
- Join a dynamic team, reporting directly in to the CEO
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays!)
- Competitive salary and longer-term potential equity package
To apply, please:
- Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the Pasta Evangelists team & why you are right for this role.