Grabyo is the video platform built for live, social and mobile. The cloud-based platform removes the traditional complexities of professional video production and distribution.
Grabyo works with the world’s largest broadcasters and rights holders including: Sky Sports, BT Sport, Eurosport, ITV, Turner, The Premier League, LaLiga, The FA, Buzzfeed, AELTC Wimbledon, GOAL.com and many more. Our platform integrates with the major social platforms - including Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Twitter, and YouTube. Grabyo is also a preferred global partner for Facebook Live.
Amazon Web Services is the main hosting provider for Grabyo. Every product of the platform is architected and built for scalability and high availability for a global client base. Being a cloud-based platform allows engineers to remain agile and gives them the freedom to try new things without compromising on reliability and speed of development.
For more information on Grabyo please visit the company page.
We believe in hiring smart graduate and junior engineers nurturing them into our culture is the key to our successful growth. To support this strategy, you'll pair with a mentor on your first day at Grabyo. Your mentor will answer your technical doubts daily and will coach you on your career progression by helping you define your own focus within our platform (video, data, front-end, architecture, streaming...) with regular performance evaluations.
We are dedicated to making sure you are happy and committed during your time with Grabyo. We achieve this by pushing the platform and the team to use the latest technologies and to give you a whole new set of responsibilities (you will be responsible from your products end to end. From design and architecture to releasing and supporting in production). This way you can feel you are engaged and challenged and more importantly, that you can make the difference.
This strategy has allowed the perfect environment to retain our talent and keep our best engineers over time. A good example of this success is some of our more senior engineers like the current Product Owner or the Lead Software Architect. They started on Grabyo as graduate engineers and are now key leaders within the organization.
Being social is a huge part of the Grabyo family. We like to have fun together and we provide a series of activities to help in this area. If you are interested in these activities and some of the benefits we enjoy at Grabyo, please visit this website.
If technology gets you going in the morning, then you are in the right place!
During your internship, you will design and architect our modern suite of tools built on top of the latest web development tech. These tools will be used by our core engineers to monitor, support and scale our platform.
Our tools platform is one of the first entry points of new technologies as is the perfect lab to experiment with them. This will give you an immediate immersion on web development, getting to get a deep understanding of technologies like React, NodeJS, NoSQL, microservices, gulp, bower or web testing.
We recognize that internships require a higher level of mentoring. For this reason, we will work with you at the beginning of the internship to set up clear goals and metrics. You will monitor these goals regularly with your mentor by having daily standups and catch ups.
To make sure you keep growing your knowledge around tech, we provide you with professional development opportunities like Hackathons, Tech hours, and have a development budget and pair programming days to improve our automated testing culture.
Some of your responsibilities at Grabyo include (but are not limited to):
- Building awesome APIs as well as sleek, breathtaking front-end client experiences
- Iterating and optimizing products based on feedback and data analytics
- Perform regular catch ups with inline managers to ensure your work adheres to Grabyo's standard methodologies
- Taking ownership of your work/project by building, maintaining and iterating new features and new products
How do I get this job?
- Passion for emerging technologies
- Bonus points for AWS (our chosen cloud provider)
The recruitment process
We aim to have a quick and dynamic hiring process. This process lasts around two weeks and it has the following stages:
- Phone call interview (around 30 minutes) to understand your interests and career expectations to ensure we are a good fit for each other.
- Technical test to be completed at home.
- Final face to face interview (around 2 hours) with our lead developers to go through your test and your technical knowledge.
- Personal development budget & training material
- Bi-annual hackathons & tech hour on Wednesday
- Regular performance reviews
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home options
- Ride to work scheme
- Free breakfast, Friday happy hour & monthly company lunch
- 25 days holiday & additional unpaid holiday week
- Bi-annual away days & Christmas party
- Sponsored monthly social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.