Introduction to 90PoE:
About 90 Percent of Everything is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join the team on a full-time basis. Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to deliver cutting-edge technology to revolutionise an iconic industry.
90POE’s mission is big. It’s not going to be easy but with the support and determination from our stakeholders and the brilliant people we have hired we can achieve anything. Right now, we're seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to ensure 90PoE drives a consistent and timely approach to product delivery in support of the wider business needs of 90PoE, the OpenOcean Studio platform and related products and services. Reporting to the Head of Product Stream, the Technical Product Manager's job will be to demonstrate contextual understanding of the value of the product, to articulate this to a diverse discipline team of designers, developers and technical discipline owners and to drive the execution of the delivery through a common Agile process.
What’s in it for you?
• Disrupting a century-old industry in a startup environment
• Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
• Deliver a greenfield system
• Work with a diverse multicultural team in an Agile environment
• Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
• Competitive salary
• Remote First company - role can be accomplished on a remote basis
• Great office with a warm atmosphere and great working conditions
• Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model
• Write epics and user stories with clear acceptance criteria - collaborate with Product
• Provide strong Product Management skills to the Platform stream of our Organisation, that are responsible for all the common services with our software Platform. The team maintains, develops new and sets direction for common services within the Platform.
• Team to ensure a standardised format that enables cross-team understanding. You will work with a team of approx 5 developers and alongside a Lead Developer
• Communicate business problems and value statements effectively in order to facilitate prioritisation discussions with CPO, team members and stakeholders
• Keep Aha! updated so that the Leadership Team can understand progress in a given Performance Cycle (PC) or planning for the next PC
• Be analytical - break down complex problems and effectively use data and analytics layered against high-quality user research to inform the direction of the product
• Work closely with, developers and QA to ensure scope and business problems are understood
• Work directly with engineers on detailed requirements and prioritisation decisions, which will require you to have an IT background and fluency.
• Ensure squad understands definition of done and work with QA leads to ensure features meet those criteria
• Approximately 3+ years Product Management experience ideally with a relevant qualification
• A technical/software engineering background would be ideal, but not essential
• Ability to collaborate confidently with Architecture, Data Science and technical specialists
• Demonstrable experience managing product prioritisation based on multiple customer inputs and the need to be competitive in the market
• Experience working with B2B customers to discover and validate product requirements
• Experience planning roadmaps to support business strategy, balancing strategic versus tactical priorities
• Exceptional communicator with proven experience collaborating effectively across distributed teams
• Demonstrable experience of taking ownership of product issues and using appropriate communication to escalate issues in a timely manner
• Ability to build strong relationships in your team and across the company. Understands multiple points of view and drive a process to conclusion in a timely and respectful manner
• Experience working within agile methodologies including leveraging sprint processes for
definition of scope and management of iterations
• Ability to define and manage different approaches to product validation
• Ability to support estimation of stories
• Experience of documenting 'committed' work for any product iteration
• Experience managing team resources effectively including developers and QA
• Work with QA to prioritise critical tests for each iteration
• Demonstrable experience of continuous process improvement to drive efficiencies.
• Experience managing the right trade-off between feature development and product maintenance (technical debt)
- We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, company bonus scheme, employee referral scheme, a contributory pension and a travel to work loan
- We have a positive attitude to flexible working, a competitive annual holiday allowance, cycle to work scheme, supportive family policies and discounted gym membership
- We have a culture of which we are proud, a highly skilled and diverse workforce as well as impressive offices in central London and Kyiv