Role: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Therapy Guide Ltd owns and operates UKTherapyGuide.com, a platform that matches people looking for psychotherapy or counselling with qualified therapists for their needs. Our mission is to make mental health therapy accessible and affordable to anyone who would benefit from it.
We have recently secured seed investment and are recruiting a team to enable our expansion plans in marketing, people and technology.
The business is now break-even: a result of long-term commercial, product and marketing optimisation, and with investment, is now very well-placed to scale quickly in the UK and internationally.
Our team currently consists of two co-founders, a Chief Commercial Officer, and a remote team of tech, social media and finance freelancers. With our seed investment we are expanding the team and opening a London-based office in summer 2021.
- We are searching for a talented and focused COO to lead the business through its expansion phase
- The COO will work closely with the founders, serving as the lead of corporate operations and be deeply involved with shaping the corporate strategy
- This is a hugely exciting opportunity to play a lead role in expanding a dynamic, socially responsible start-up with immense growth potential.
Role & responsibilities:
- Oversee operations for all areas of the business, including technology, marketing, product and commercial
- Develop and shape the company's medium and long-term strategy
- Scale the business to achieve targets set at the seed investment round
- Recruit and manage a talented team to deliver the business strategy
- Take a key role in preparing and leading the business into our second funding round
- Experienced senior manager with a track record of building successful teams
- Highly numerate with an intuitive understanding of data
- Organised, focused, direct and driven
- Energetic and passionate with entrepreneurial ambition
- Strong commercially with experience of dealmaking
- Character to inspire a team and drive projects forward efficiently
- Experience of working in a tech startup
- Experience of digital marketing and digital products
- £45k basic salary with OTE bonus of £15k - £25k
- Share options up to 6% of total shares