We’re an industry 4.0 startup backed by Google for Startups and Imperial College Enterprise Labs. Our products help fight climate change by reducing production waste and energy consumption in the metals industry, which collectively contribute more than 10% to global emissions.
At Deep.Meta we strongly believe metals industries are as crucial in today’s society as they were a century ago. The majority have remained technologically conservative and have masses of underutilized data they could be using to optimise their production and supply chain.
We’re optimisation enthusiasts! This is why we are simplifying the most complex problems in the metals industry, using insights from deep learning to develop Machine Learning software that is directly deployable to production lines.
Principal Machine Learning Engineer Description
Are you passionate about solving non-trivial Machine Learning problems for the world’s largest metals producers? And want to make an Impact in Industrial AI? Then read on!
Deep.Meta are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Machine Learning engineer who is comfortable with Data Science to join a creative team of founders, data scientists and developers. This is a hands-on role, you’ll be responsible for the preparation and analysis of the data you use to build machine learning algorithms. You will be key in supporting the integration of these models into the developed software and should be interested in building a startup. You’ll work in a transparent environment where you’ll communicate frequently with team members in a collaborative manner, sharing good practice and seeking to continuously up your game!
- Ownership and continuous development of Machine Learning algorithms to improve production efficiency in Metals Industry
- Oversee the compatibility of machine learning models with software and improve in-line performance.
- Developing timelines for delivering projects to customers and communicating what these are as well as any changes to the Team
- Be part of the development of your team members and facilitate their growth in their roles
- Consult on company decisions and provide informed input
'Must have' Skills
- Strong grit mindset, self starter and ready to build
- MSc or Phd in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Metallurgy or related field
- Fluent with typical Machine Learning stack and tools: Python, Pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, and one or more deep learning frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras
- Experience writing production-grade code and using modern software development tools (version control, CI/CD, containers, etc.) in a cloud platform (GCP, AWS)
- Team player, working closely with the founders
- Broad knowledge of machine learning theory and time series analysis
- Track record of successfully delivering machine learning driven products in a production environment
'Nice to have' Skills
- Experience in Computer Vision
- Shows interest in managing and leadership
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working in heavy industry
- Paid in Equity
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Time Allocation
- Work directly with an enthusiastic co-founding team
- Working with the largest steel companies in the world with £ Bns in revenue
- Connection to a thriving network of 100+ other European startups from various fields from Biotech to Social Justice
- Meet Co-Founder
- Technical interview
- Further DD (Tech Tests, or others)
Please send your CV, cover letter and projects portfolio to email@example.com