With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team within BenevolentAI. In this role, you will be responsible for performing a range of assays and reporting fundamental DMPK assay results and parameters. As part of the DMPK lab team, you will be responsible for your own work, reporting to the head of the laboratory and may take responsibility for an area of expertise (eg enzyme phenotyping, metabolic stability in hepatocytes, supporting IVIVC).
We are also looking for people with experience as a project rep or experience presenting technically to projects and an interest in progressing to a fuller project role. They would have the opportunity to work within the DMPK project rep team to support our discovery and development pipeline. This would involve engaging fully in multi-functional collaborations to support profiling of lead compounds /drug candidates, building a clear picture of IVIVC PK/PD, and ultimately to ensure translation from in vitro data and in vivo non-clinical studies to the prediction of pharmacokinetics, efficacy and safety in patients.
- Build open, honest, and collaborative relationships within and outside the DMPK function.
- Lead the DMPK activities within a project and work with colleagues within and across projects, influencing the way we support drug discovery.
- Interpretation/communication of DMPK data and recommendations to the drug discovery project team to aid effective drug design and risk mitigation.
- Develop and execute effective nonclinical PK/PD strategies from early discovery through to development.
- Write ADME and pharmacokinetic reports and regulatory documents (IB, IND/IMPD).
- Coach and manage junior staff to foster a highly innovative mindset and guide the development of new assays, being a role model for scientific excellence.
- Routine laboratory work supporting the discovery projects with DMPK assays
We are looking for someone with:
- A strong understanding of the bioanalytical methodology and fundamental principles of metabolism/pharmacokinetics and data analysis.
- Expected to be hands-on in the lab- ideally, with experience of handling cryopreserved hepatocytes, a good understanding of the enzymes present in various incubations and proven experience identifying metabolising enzymes.
- Well organised, self-motivated and with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in operating and trouble-shooting HPLC-tandem mass spectrometers(LC-MS/MS).
- Experience in working with cross-functional project teams to support drug discovery preferred.
- Experience M&S tools such as Phoenix, SimCYP, Gastroplus etc would be an advantage
- Expert ADME assay knowledge experienced at troubleshooting assays, Adhoc metabolic hotspot and enzyme phenotyping assays.
- Good understanding of pharmacokinetics
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.