What is WalkUp about? ?
We are on a mission to allow diners to get a table anywhere, anytime. Through our current product we are seating over 3 million people a month! We've been featured as Apple's App of Day, have had features in The Evening Standard, TimeOut, BigHospitality and work with huge brands like Nando's, Padella, The Breakfast Club and more!
In 2021 we want to continue accelerating the business as we are now part of the Paymentsense family. Take a look at the job listing below and if you want to be part of the team that changes the way diners access the best food around the world, get in touch!
Tech Stack ?
- React for our web products
- React Native for our mobile app
- Storybooks for our shared component library
- Cypress for web automating testing
- Netlify for our web deployments
- Golang on the backend
What we are looking for ?
We’re hiring a capable and motivated frontend engineer to help continue to build cutting edge, dynamic and reliable frontend products for WalkUp.
We're looking for people who have worked in faced paced, high growth environments and have brought frontend products to millions of monthly users. Whilst writing clean, scalable and testable code.
You’ll join a rapidly growing tech team of 5 other engineers, working closely with all sides of the system. We all work together to solve the problems that we face everyday.
What you will work on ?
As part of the WalkUp team and following our very recent acquisition by Paymentsense, you will have a huge impact on the direction of the company and the features that we decide to build. You will mostly be working on our frontend products, building new features and making improvements to our customer facing mobile app, Restaurant Management System (RMS), as well as some internal tools. This would typically include:
- Helping define and scope requirements
- Building out new components in our shared component library
- Integrating these components into 1 or multiple of our frontend products, potentially spanning React and React Native
- Writing unit, integration and the browser automated tests
- Manually testing across multiple browsers and devices
- Reviewing pull requests and improving our code quality and practices across the team
You should apply if ?
- You want to build a product that you and everyone you know uses all the time
- You align with our mission of letting diners get a table anywhere, anytime
- You have more than 5 years working on production apps in React
- You have more than 2 years experience working in Typescript on production apps
- You have worked on at least 1 React Native app whilst is was published for both iOS and Android
- You're comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity and challenges every day
- You have a product mindset: you care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions
- You have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Bonus points for (but not essential)
- You have worked with shared component libraries and code used between multiple frontend products (like Storybook, published npm packages, worked in monorepos)
- You have worked on products with real time updates
- You have setup CI/CD for frontend products (extra bonus points for doing this for React Native apps)
- Experience with Golang
- Worked with GraphQL
- Familiar with the Firebase ecosystem
What we offer ?
- Competitive Salary and pension package
- 25 days of holidays a year, plus the usual 8 bank and public holidays
- Huge personal and technical development: We're seating over 800,000 people a week so you'll learn and use the latest technologies to keep us ahead of the curve
- Help shape the future of the product, we're a small independent team, part of a big company so anyone joining at this stage will be critical to shaping where we end up
- You'll build products used by millions of people
- All the support and mentorship to help you improve your skills
- All the kit you'll need to do your job
- London based office (when not in COVID times!) and remote work friendly
? The WalkUp Team