Good With is recruiting our Data Scientist who will be working with Natural Language Understanding and Personal Finance Data. You will work at the heart of a dynamic multidisciplinary agile team to develop a platform and infrastructure connecting a voice-enabled intelligent mobile app, financial OpenBanking data sources, state of the art intelligent analytics and real-time recommendation engine.
You'll be able to count on the support of our advisors (Cambridge & Turing Institute/FinHealthTech Neuroscientist, Paypal/Venmo & Robinhood Brand exec, Fintech4Good CTO, & cxpartners CEO) as well as working with the ICO and EPIC e-health programme for our financial wellbeing approach.
As part of the founding team you will be able to earn equity in an innovative business that's supported by Innovate UK, Oxford Innovation and other prominent organisations with ambitions and support to scale internationally. You'll enjoy a generous holiday allowance, flexible and remote working with a passionate team based across the UK, and monthly team workshops in a central location.
You'll develop the intelligent data analysis and recommendation engines at the core of the Good With platform, supporting a unique voice and natural language interaction with users.
Python and open source technologies are the overarching strategic choice for the data processing, analysis, machine learning and recommendation engines.
The role fulfils two key responsibilities:
- Financial data analytics, machine learning and recommendation engine:
- Processing of personal finance data to build and update user profiles.
- Data analytics and machine learning to identify patterns in user behaviour.
- Development of a recommendation engine to support mobile app providing advice to users about purchasing and other financial decisions.
- Natural language analysis and intelligent chatbot development:
- Voice and direct text mobile app natural language understanding, translation to chatbot and recommendation engine queries.
- Intelligent chatbot for realistic conversations and fluid user experience, interfacing with financial data profiles and recommendation engine.
Who are Good With?
Good With is reimagining how we educate young adults on personal finance whilst helping them access better financial services earlier; improving their credit ratings and fostering financial wellbeing through conversational AI and engaging user experiences.
We are at the start of an exciting product journey and you will play a key role in developing both the products and the business.
Who we’re looking for
You have demonstrable experience developing data analytics pipelines in products that have succeeded in gaining user adoption.
Natural language understanding and/or intelligent chatbot development experience is desireable.
Your experience will include working in an agile team, doing iterative development, and monitoring the performance and accuracy of data analytics pipelines.
Your experience will include working with a security function to ensure data analytics pipelines and user products maintain information security, assess and mitigate risk, and support formal security assurance processes.
You will be able to demonstrate your passion for technology by, for example, contributions to open source projects, personal projects, on-going learning, and giving talks and tutorials on data science.
The role and team is remote, with visits to HQ in Bude, Cornwall when safe to do so. (Surfing lessons can be provided)
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Please don’t be put off applying because you aren’t a perfect match to our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity, think you can achieve the outcomes we're aiming for, but aren’t sure if you tick every box, we’d still love to hear from you.
- Extensive and demonstrable commercial experience with Python data science tools.
- Demonstrable experience of natural language understanding tools.
- Python natural language tools such as spacy, nltk, Amazon Comprehend or Google Natural Language API.
- Monitoring for data analytics fairness, performance and accuracy.
- Writing clean, readable, sustainable and reusable code.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and optimising performance.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Team player
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment
- A degree in a mathematical, scientific or computing subject is desirable
- A masters or PhD specialising in data science, statistics or natural language processing is desirable
- Experience with Amazon/Google cloud data analytics and natural language tools is desirable.
Sounds like you? We'd love to hear from you. Send us your CV today!