Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we're mainly an online business, selling our pasta through our website, Pasta Evangelists is also the only pasta brand in Harrods. We’ve also kicked off our partnership with M&S, are sold in Amazon, Ocado and have a thriving new business with dark kitchens working with Deliveroo.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food tech companies in the UK!
One of the key growth areas for our business is the HR and People function and we are now looking to hire an experienced HR professional, to help support the business through our next chapter.
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years’ experience of managing a HR function and have a proven track record of setting and driving a ‘People Strategy’ in a start-up environment. You will have experience of working alongside a leadership team too.
- You live and breathe providing a world class ‘internal’ customer experience and can demonstrate this throughout your career.
- You will have specific experience in managing ‘Right to work’ processes and building robust and scalable onboarding processes to protect both the employees and the company.
- You will have experience of managing a talent acquisition team and can demonstrate this throughout your career.
- You have a passion for engaging large remote teams and understand how to get the best out of them.
- You’ve worked in a fast-paced operational or start-up environment before, and understand how important being both proactive and reactive is for success
- You don’t turn a blind eye to issues, but instead you jump on them and have a strong desire to solve them
- You are hugely detailed oriented and don’t ever cut corners
- You are highly proficient in using tools such as Excel and Google Sheets
- You love working in a start-up team!
- ... A pasta lover!
What you'll do:
- Join our Pasta Evangelists Ops team as Head of People
- Act as the senior point of the contact for all Pasta E employees and managers
- Manage complex and difficult HR projects and issues
- Actively identify HR gaps and risks to protect the business
- Lead the talent acquisition team for Pasta Evangelists
- Facilitate the leadership team to bring best solutions for employees.
- Own the performance improvement process and drive positive change in the people management
- Design and maintain the organization charts as the performance of the business unit improves and changes
- Design succession and personal development plans for key talents and key job positions.
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to all processes that you own so that we can get better and better
- Help and support your team to be the best they can be
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to help take the HR and People function to the next level
- Join a dynamic team, reporting directly in to the COO
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- Free Pasta Evangelists products
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays!)
- Competitive salary and longer-term potential equity package
To apply, please:
- Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the Pasta Evangelists team & why you are right for this role.
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.