Python Full-Stack Engineer (with MongoDB) at Aire
at Aire in London
Python Full-Stack Engineer (with MongoDB)
As a company, we believe in full transparency about the credit scoring ecosystem that we are re-inventing. So here is a detailed & transparent job post for you to really learn about what the job is about:
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Options + Fun Times
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING:
* Python. (Working directly with our Head of Algorithm. If you understand R.Py – that is a bonus, as our current algorithm is done in R) * Inventing and experimenting with good technical solutions to apply to particular problems. * Getting involved in other functions of the company — we aren’t very big, so we love people ready to roll up their sleeves and help out where they see an issue. * Getting to go for team dinners at amazing places in the area (we are all foodies too)
* Strong experience as a Python developer (may also use C++, Java, C#) – atleast 4 years. * Experience with MongoDB. (But if you know other NoSQL DBs like Voldemort, Apache Cassandra – that’s cool too) * Fluent spoken and written English – be ready to present your work to others * Source code management (Git, BitBucket, Gerrit) and Continuous integration (Jenkins) * Cloud technologies (We are on AWS * Standards (HTTP, JSON, JAX-*, XML) * Experience with start-up environments and desire to keep learning
* Understanding of statistical functions within Python data ecosystem (NumPy, SciPy), and if you know R (or R.Py) that is a great plus * We love full stack engineers, so experience in front-end HTML5 & JS is desirable. * We’re building a cross-disciplinary team of developers, so your flexibility with technologies is a big plus. * Experience working with large data sets
SUPER AWESOME IF YOU HAVE:
* Experience or interest in developing mobile apps or data-driven, algorithm-based engines * Personal interest in FinTech and perhaps even credit scoring
WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE INTERVIEW:
* A little bit of fun.. but mostly we just want to learn about your personality, attitude and background. * We hope to learn something from you: expertise about a new technology; insight into a trend; a novel approach to solving a problem—something we don’t know yet. What’s your potential? What can you bring that no one else can? What open source projects can you share with us? * In the final stage, you will be expected to produce and debug code in an unfamiliar codebase. * Immediate feedback from your interviews. We don’t like to keep people waiting.
Aire is a London-based FinTech startup looking to re-invent credit scoring for individuals. Using methods of machine-learning and a lot of statistical modelling, we are helping derive a new way of deriving a credit score. And we have people with all sorts of backgrounds at the company, trying to solve this worldwide problem.
Imagine you have the opportunity to change the world for the better. Imagine things you’re working on have a real impact on how quickly people are able to improve their lives and reach their potential. That’s the vision of Aire.
* Our team has serial entrepreneurs who understand the importance of people & team. It is always our top priority. * Much like in our prior startups, we take care of our people really well. Its hard work, but really rewarding. * We are open about people wanting to get involved in other parts of the company – if you can contribute meaningfully, get involved. * The company is built with a positive view to helping people we serve (i.e.: our consumers) – and we bring this same positive mentality to our team as well, ensuring we help them grow and mature * And obviously we all love Friday Beer O’clocks, team events and the bake-offs. Creative ideas are welcomed. * Friends for life
Learn more at: Aire.io
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Aire
- Head of Engineering at Aire at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- Senior Data Scientist at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- UX Designer (pref with UI skills too) at Aire at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- Software Engineer - Backend at Aire at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- Senior Python Engineer (Head of Engineering) at a Techstars startup. at Aire in London 28-08-2014
- UX Specialist (with UI skills) at a TechStars startup at Aire in London 27-08-2014