We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Senior Fullstack Engineer based in London to join our Product team in building a platform to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be involved with the product at all stages of development, from initial conception of a feature all the way to being deployed to our customers. You should have strong technical and communication skills and enjoy mentoring junior members of staff. You should want to take ownership of what you are building and be willing to push your own ideas forwards for development.
You will be expected to refine and implement our development standards & best practices. Experience with collaboration tools and general programming tools is desirable. The application stack is primarily built in python around our proprietary machine-learning core with a React based frontend. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you should be comfortable working anywhere in this stack. The rest of the application stack includes Cython, Numpy, Torch, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP and other technologies.
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real-world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
causaLens in the News
- Best Deeptech Company 2019 - Artificial Intelligence Awards
- ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
- ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
- ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
- ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
- ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association awards
- ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
- ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of a coding test, 2 screening interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- This role is open for candidates with at least 4+ years experience
- Ability to design and architect high-performance distributed software
- Experience with React or similar frameworks (VueJS, AngularJS)
- Experience in developing front-end solutions on top of high-performance and distributed backend systems.
- In-depth understanding of computer architecture is preferable, e.g. C, C++, Cython
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Smart, capable and can write clean code effectively
- Understanding of the full stack is preferable (REST backends and SPA frontends)
- Strong Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Ideally you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.
- Interest in DevOps and cloud infrastructure
- Interest in scientific data visualization is a plus and any experience with visualisation libs, such as d3, would be very valuable.
- Interest in machine learning/big data (prior experience is a plus)