We’re a small friendly team that specialises in creating user-led digital experiences, products, and apps. We believe that meaningful and memorable products are best delivered by small, cross-functional teams, where regular collaboration and support helps to forge trusted friendships.
User-centered design plays a major part in our approach; it’s not just how it looks, it’s how it works. It’s this philosophy that provides the foundation for everything we deliver.
To learn more about what we get up to, take a look at our blog page, or take a look at what our clients say about us on our review page.
The role would suit someone with at least three year’s customer-facing experience as a digital project manager in an agency, or someone who’s looking to move into project management from account management or a similar agency role.
The role encompasses the end-to-end ownership of our client projects, typically, this starts with building the client relationship, developing the project commercials, and fashioning a project roadmap. After this, you’ll source and manage a team to deliver the project, and you’ll monitor who and what is needed to progress.
With the support of your team, you’ll design the project’s discovery phase to get the data you need to progress to the alpha build stage. During the project you’ll be leading workshops, running development sprints, and overseeing the research, scoping, and delivery of the website, product, or platform to the client. Reporting on progress, and budgets will be a regular task.
The projects that you will be tasked with managing will be executed in line with either the Lean UX, Waterfall, or Agile Project Management methodologies. Projects that require a deep understanding of technology will be supported by specialists with experience in their field.
If successful, you’ll receive on-task training throughout your first three months in the role.
- Leading and owning the project development life cycle
- Developing and enhancing our process-driven approach
- Sourcing and managing the right production staff to solve a problem
- Designing, organising, and executing discovery workshops
- Scoping requirements and overseeing the product backlog
- Organising sprint cycles, reviews, QA, and managing milestones
- Facilitating communication between relevant departments including customers
- Overseeing project resources and assisting with the management of specialists
- Holding regular production meetings and status updates with the team
There’s an opportunity to:
- Be involved with technical aspects of product development and technical decision making
- Widen your understanding and lead workshops such as Design Sprint 2.0
- Grow your own team of engineers, designers, and strategists
- Work with the team to scope a response to a brief
Working with us
We’ve been working as a semi-distributed team for over two years, with small offices in London and Barcelona, the majority of our work is conducted online using the latest tools such as Miro, Slack, Jira, and Google workspace. As a Digital Project Manager, you will be required to meet in person with the wider company team for a minimum of one day per month in our central London office.
- 24 days holiday plus an additional 1 day per year of service beyond the second year
- Flexible working, we run a semi-remote global team
- Bi-annual JAMs hackathon, a two-day workshop to build your own ideas
- Bi-monthly show and tell events for industry awareness
- An annual personal development budget of £1,000
- MacBook with admin rights and the software you need
- Regular company lunches, drinks, and our summertime party