Business Development Manager for the Fastest Growing AI-Driven B2B Software Marketplace.
- Employment + Equity (Salary + Bonus + Stock)
- Progression to Customer Engagement Director
- Remote Working
Comparesoft is the UK’s first AI-driven B2B marketplace. We help businesses to compare B2B software – hence our name, Comparesoft.
KPMG, GE, Volvo, Siemens, Invesco, Barclays and 1500 other large, medium and small businesses have used our comparison platform.
There are three key elements of Comparesoft:
1) Acquiring software buyers.
2) Acquiring software vendors.
3) Connecting relevant software buyers with relevant software vendors.
You will lead our sales execution in acquiring software vendors.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
1) Prospecting: The goal is to book 3 new business meetings every week.
2) Working closely with the pre-sales/product team: Along with the Pre-Sales/Product Team you will attend demo meetings to drive the meeting and ensure product-fit with new customers.
3) Following-up: Email follow-ups with identified sales opportunities with a view to acquire new customers. The goal is to acquire 7 new customers every month.
4) Maintain accurate records in the CRM system: Drive your prospecting, pipeline, sales and commissions using our CRM system.
5) Be strategic: Explore opportunities and think out-of-the-box to connect with new prospects.
The role requires you to:
1. Take complete ownership of new business sales execution.
We are offering above market equity with this role. It is designed to be a co-owner in Comparesoft, and we expect an owner-level mindset.
2. Be good at strategic prospecting.
Mapping contacts in an account and then delivering personalised messages (without being aggressive) to establish contact and secure time will be vital.
We have a limited set of accounts to acquire, and the role will suit a methodical new business salesperson who is focussed on quality of conversations. Planned and strategic prospecting designed to engage sales and marketing decision makers will be vital.
3. Have 3 to 7 years of experience in selling software to sales and marketing contacts.
The role is designed to progress into Customer Engagement Director and then Chief Revenue Officer in 2 years. A thinker and a doer who does not require micro-management will excel in the role.
4. Communicate and demonstrate the value of Comparesoft to the revenue of customers.
We have had a positive impact on the sales pipeline and revenue for all of our customers. You will use our current success stories to demonstrate the value of Comparesoft.
5. Win new business accounts as per the agreed targets.
Additional share options and accelerated career progression is interlinked with your performance.
Behaviours for the role
1. Have a positive, upbeat and energetic outlook. Celebrate minor milestones as well as major goals.
2. The ability to hold thoughtful and planned communications at any level within customer accounts.
3. Drive sales momentum using social media, emails and digital content.
4. The ability to ask tough questions (with empathy) to prospective customers.
Your sales career is important to you and to us. Below, we have listed 10 key things that may be useful as you consider this role:
1. You will build and execute our sales strategy to acquire 1000 customers in the next 3 years. The role is designed to progress into Customer Engagement Director and then Chief Revenue Officer.
2. You will execute sales strategy for a product that is used by Transport for London, BAE Systems, Deloitte, Lucozade and 1500 other businesses.
3. You will receive Salary based on experience, 100% OTE + Significant stock options + Clear Progression Path to Customer Engagement Director. The stock options offered with this role are at least twice that of a comparable role in the market.
4. You are an early employee, which means that you will have the opportunity to make your mark by developing your team and your influence. You will have significant growth opportunities.
5. We have raised two rounds of funding from leading venture capitalists, Mercia Fund Management in January 2017 and Blackfinch Ventures in April 2019.
6. We are advised by the team that built Just Eat, Autobutler and NewVoiceMedia – you can see that we are backed by people who have built high-growth companies.
7. We have developed a unique human + artificial intelligence-driven product to position Comparesoft as a leader in a £36.5 billion market in the UK.
8. Comparesoft is the UK’s first revenue-generating, AI-driven search assistant. We have proven our business model in 3 software categories and are expanding into 7 new software categories this year. We plan to be in 300 software categories in the next 3 to 5 years.
9. The founders of Comparesoft have known each other for the last 12 years and have worked together before starting Comparesoft.
10. We currently have an office in London. Due to COVID-19, we are all working from home. Once working from an office becomes safe, we will have a new office most likely in the Thames Valley Area.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat on the phone followed by an hour or two of online interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience, your cultural fit with the business and that we’re the right fit for you: it’s not about making you sweat or catching you out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Take a look at our website to see if you’d like to work with us: https://comparesoft.com/about-comparesoft/.