Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we're mainly an online business, selling our pasta through our website, Pasta Evangelists opened our iconic pasta counter in 2018 in Harrods, and this year we’ve opened our first restaurant in Harrods. We’ve also kicked off our partnership with M&S, are sold in Amazon, Ocado and have a thriving new business with dark kitchens working with Deliveroo.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food companies in the UK! We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the largest pasta company in the world.
We are looking to hire a Harrods Manager, to help drive our Harrods business through the next chapter, managing our retail and restaurant business. Through strong leadership and commercial acumen, you will be accountable for attaining the highest standards throughout the operation. Reporting to Head of Retail, you will manage the Pasta Evangelists Harrods business P&L, team and KPI’s as well as relationships with key Harrods & external suppliers.
- Ownership - solutions not problems
- Need for speed - as a start up, we act with pace
- Customer obsessed
- Authentic and evangelical about quality
- We care, and act with passion and compassion
- Accountable for driving the business, working with Head of Retail, Head of Food and the Harrods team
- Delivery of KPI’s: Revenue, Margin and customer NPS
- Team leadership, recruitment, onboarding, development and rota management
- Overall management of ordering and stock management processes for the team
- Mix of managing the team and interacting with customers in both the restaurant and food hall
- Experience of managing a hospitality team in a luxury environment
- Energetic, enjoying the fast pace of a startup, with the passion & tenacity to make things happen
- Ability to apply rigour and maintain high standards to restaurant and retail processes including food safety, stock take, ordering, schedules
- Commercial acumen
- IT literate, competent with google sheets and SAP etc
- Understanding of food safety processes
- A passion for food and pasta that you are excited to bring to life through the Harrods theatre and experience on our counter and in our restaurant
- Aligned with both Harrods and Pasta Evangelists values
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to shape the future of pasta in the World's most iconic retailer
- Join a dynamic team, reporting to the Head of Retail
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays!)
- Competitive salary and longer-term potential equity package
To apply, please:
- Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the Pasta Evangelists team & why you are right for this role.