Comp: £40k - £60k + valuable share options
Referrals: If you know anyone who might be a good fit for this position, please let us know! If you refer a friend who ends up joining Claimer, we'll give you £1,000.
🏛🚀 About Claimer
We believe that discovering and applying for government incentives should be quick and easy.
Claimer is a tech company with a vision of being the interface between SMEs and government incentives, matchmaking businesses with incentives, and providing a hassle-free way to claim them. Our first product makes claiming UK R&D tax credits a breeze.
With a minimum viable product in hand, we've spent the last 18 months flying under the radar and learning all we can about the R&D tax relief space. In this time we've filed more than 380 claims, recovering millions of pounds of relief for startups, and used the learnings to build the technology that will power our vision - which goes live in July.
At the core of everything we do is people (see our values), and so we go to great lengths to provide exceptional customer service and a hassle-free product experience.
Claimer is growing fast, backed by some of the best investors in Europe, but we need your help.
We already have some amazingly talented people in the team, but we still have some more positions to fill for the next chapter of the company's growth journey.
✍️ The Role
Claimer is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our product development team. This engineering role will be primarily focused on backend development, but we’re ideally looking for candidates with a full-stack philosophy. We’re always looking for ways to innovate towards a more productive development process, so our focus is on reducing the barriers that can easily arise between backend and frontend development.
As a core member of the team you will also help develop best practices and team culture, ensuring that our software is reliable, secure and usable and that our team is efficient and happy.
👩💻 You’ll spend your time:
- Developing back-end applications, written in Kotlin and following modern architectures and techniques such as event-driven architecture, functional programming and reactive programming.
- Thinking about how we can improve the quality, efficiency and security of the code base.
- Researching and innovating on bleeding edge frameworks/techniques, with a healthy mix between open source tools and our own internal innovation projects.
- Improving the deployment pipeline, monitoring and operations platform which is based around gitops running on Kubernetes in Google Cloud
- Alongside the product manager, translating domain understanding into architectural designs using modern techniques such as Domain Driven Design and event storming.
- Working with the wider technology team to achieve all of these goals.
💪 You should apply if:
- You have experience in some of the areas mentioned above
- You want to gain experience in the areas that you have not encountered before
- You constantly strive to learn new skills and improve your existing ones
- You are enthusiastic about working in a startup and believe the vision is exciting
- You believe in a people-first approach and consider self-improvement, happiness, diversity and inclusion to be vitally important
- Autonomy and responsibility. Work from wherever you want - forever
- A powerful work laptop (Linux or Mac) + the set up you need to do your job well
- Unlimited paid holiday (we have a minimum not a maximum number of days!)
- Contributory pension
- Perks scheme (discounts and rewards with 30,000+ brands)
- Team lunches every month, fun team gathering every quarter