As Easysoft, we’re one of the biggest names in the data access middleware market and we are funding a new start-up (Bet.Me) to revolutionise and disrupt the burgeoning online betting industry. We are building a modern, distributed cloud-based trading platform based on cutting-edge technology that provides high performance, reliability, security and scalability at an unprecedented level.
We are seeking a professional Data Scientist / Statistician / Quantitative Analyst who will be involved in the process of creating and testing mathematical models and making sure that everything we produce meets the needs of the business. We’d like you to bring ideas – you’ll have the chance to analyse the way we work and use mathematical techniques and modelling to improve our performance and profitability.
We are a passionate, forward-thinking, innovative company where things are always happening. We’re looking for people who work quickly, are competitive self-starters, smart and do what is needed.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain data models.
- Research and analyse market trends and statistics to make modelling decisions.
- Perform daily statistical analyses (e.g. risk analytics, pricing, default risk modelling, etc.) and coding tasks (e.g. data mining).
- Run models, look for exceptions and take corrective action.
- Build on knowledge of technology tools used to conduct analyses.
- Access technologies – extract and pre-process data for populating models.
- Build knowledge of our processes and betting products and from this determine which analyses methodologies and approaches best support the performance, risk or valuation of our product.
- Communicate analytical results to developers, product managers and other stakeholders of the product.
- First Class Honours or any Postgraduate degree in a numerate subject e.g. Maths, Stats, Physics.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Ability to stick to deadlines.
- Statistical programming language (preferably R).
- General purpose programming languages experience - Go, or Python.
- Experience using databases
- Experience building mathematical models.
- Sound working knowledge of Excel.
- Keen sports fan especially of Football or Horseracing.
- Interested in betting.
- Initiative and willingness to learn. Must be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail.
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Free parking
- Free soft drinks
- Pension scheme where if you contribute 7.5% we’ll top it up to 15%
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme