Creative STEM teacher for ages 5-8 (EdTech Clubs)
Part-time, flexible work schedule
Starting rates per 1 hour session:
- In Person: £25 (Assisting) - £53 (Leading) per 1 hour session
- Online: £21 - £35 per 1 hour session
Location - Various schools around West and Central London, Online (remote)
Blueshift Education is looking to grow our team of teachers and educators who want to inspire children to express their creativity through the language of code. No experience in coding is required for this role, just simply a willingness to learn and a passion for teaching! We are looking for people who are interested in teaching at our after-school coding and robotics clubs and can bring energy and enthusiasm to the table.
About the position
Are you a vibrant and exuberant person who loves leading activities? Would you like to empower children by helping them understand how the technology they use in their everyday lives work? Are you passionate about all things education and tech? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then this might just be the teaching position for you!
We are currently focusing on finding an enthusiastic coding and robotics teacher for our upcoming after-school clubs for children aged 5-8. As previously mentioned no coding experience is required for this role, we’ll train you up with the resources you will need to teach this class. Our after-school clubs take place at schools around West and Central London and sessions generally run between 2-5pm, depending on the club. Our teaching positions offer a flexible schedule and you will be able to choose how many days of the week you’d like to teach for.
In addition to our clubs, we run many other coding and robotics activities for children such as holiday camps, private tutoring, birthday parties and online classes. Therefore, you will have opportunities to design your schedule quite flexibly during term time as well as school holidays.
A little bit about BlueShift Education
We are the premier go-to resource for London schools and parents, providing coding clubs, camps and onlines classes for creative and curious children aged 5 to 14. Our mission: empowering students with the tools of technology to become “makers” wherever their imagination takes them now and to spark an understanding of how they can shape their future world.
We are a young, dynamic company based in West London. We have a dedicated community of 30+ teachers that we connect to parents, schools and children.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing for and leading lessons and activities
- Checking and preparing equipment
- Looking after the children
- Doing admin tasks that are required (student reports, lesson feedback forms, etc.)
- Communicating with office staff and parents
We are looking for people who are confident and get excited about leading courses for young children. Our clubs are educational but also super fun, therefore you need to be an enthusiastic educator.
You’re friendly, supportive, and great with kids aged 5-8. Even if you haven’t worked with children much before, you have a thoughtful, can-do attitude to identifying things they find stimulating, and understanding the things they find frustrating. You’re a natural problem solver and have a mature attitude to deal with unexpected issues when they arise! You’re also a great written and verbal communicator and work well in small teams.
You should have an interest in technology, and a readiness to learn. We have training resources and lesson materials available, so you will be able to learn all of the coding skills you need. Your ability to engage with the kids and lead engaging lessons is what matters most!
Depending on your skills, you will generally start off as an assistant and will be able to develop your skills over time.
You should apply if you have:
- Previous experience working with children (desired)
- An interest in Education and technology
- Ability to commute to our camps in West/Central London
- Enthusiasm and confidence in leading fun activities for children aged 5-8
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working hours to fit around studies or other work
- We provide and pay for your DBS certificate and school-specific vetting
- Teacher socials (Eg. Bowling, Quizzes etc)
- All necessary equipment and lesson plans provided
- Training resources and workshops
- Great experience in a fast-growing edtech startup
- Experience working in a variety of schools
- Travel time included in standard rates
- Joining a community of like-minded educators
Please send us a CV and cover letter telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role!