Who we are:
Nutmeg is Europe’s leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don’t want to stop there. We’re continuing to build our platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world.
Since being founded in 2011 we've:
- Grown to 160+ employees
- Raised over £100M in funding
- Launched 4 amazing products including JISA and Lifetime ISA
- Won multiple awards including Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider for the fifth year in a row!
We hit the 150,000 investor milestone in 2021 and now manage over £4 billion AUM.
*We offer flexible working*
Job in a nutshell:
The Mobile team here at Nutmeg are now looking for a Senior Android Developer who is passionate about technology and enthusiastic about the user interface and customer experience centric to complement the existing team. You will be taking ownership of tasks from the estimation stage right through until the release stage and post production.
At the beginning of 2018, we released our Android app which already has 50,000 active users and a crash free session rate of 99.9%. You will be working, and collaborating with the iOS platform to release the best apps that enable our customers to invest with confidence, ease and simplicity. You will be someone who enjoys sharing knowledge, keen to learn new ideas, and recognises good clean app design.
- RxJava or Coroutines and Dagger or Hilt
- Kotlin, the Android SDK, Android Studio and best engineering practices
- Working in agile environment using Scrum
- Working within a cross functional mobile team (Android/iOS)
- Writing tests- (unit test, integration test, UI test etc.)
- Experience with Java/Android design patterns (MVP, MVVM)
- Experience with best practices in mobile design (human interface guidelines, threading, bandwidth considerations etc.)
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Good understanding of REST and messaging platforms
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Proactive problem solver
You might also have:
- A Github/Stack Overflow/app portfolio!
- Fintech experience
- Active participation in tech meet-ups
- Experience using Navigation libraries
- Experience with flavour and whitelabeling
- Experience working with multi module apps
- Experience using NodeJS
- Worked with Design Systems