Saviour Health is a mobile app aiming to de-escalate the global chronic disease pandemic and optimise general health by making the world's leading healthcare advice and protocols available and manageable for as many lives as possible.
We are currently assembling an experienced, in-house engineering team having developed the MVP with a techincal partner and you will lead in setting the tone for this culture. We prefer to prioritize pragmatism over ideology; simplicity and elegance over complexity, and open-mindedness regarding our technology stack and processes. We want the product that humans experience–both physically and digitally–to reflect the sophistication and thoughtfulness of our brand and science.
Because of this, our founding engineering team will be full-stack and multi-disciplinary (HTML/CSS, front-end/UI, React, Node, mobile, DevOps, data engineering, AWS/Cloud, etc.). Your curiosity has taught you many languages, databases, stacks, patterns, and methodologies. Likely, you cannot help but create things in your free time. You love ownership, and to have it, you have jumped willingly into the well-known challenges of being in a newly formed team, organization, or company, and flourished.
To be part of this, you need to give a sh*t. We are aware that engineers are coveted talent and that there are no shortage of options for you. But, you will choose this project because you are mission-focused, proactive, and deeply care about making the world a better place by alleviating unnecessary suffering. Your communication capabilities across a company are as impactful as your code. Depending on the objective, you may not have any product manager oversight initially, and will practice good engineering hygiene (stories, tickets, testing, documentation, etc.) on your own. You will help assess, recruit, and onboard new engineers. At all times, you will be committed to creating and codifying a cohesive data-driven, growth-focused engineering culture, and together we will decide on the right tools and technology to ensure a lasting foundation for long-term scale.
- Master current system built on React/NodeJS/CSS/AWS
- Work with team on an engineering roadmap to align with company goals and user experience
- Architect and provide guidance on building end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Execute the vision. On time (maybe even ahead of schedule :).
- Collaborate across time zones via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences
- Demonstrable experience working individually or in smaller teams that have scaled
- Experience building web applications for subscription based products
- Knowledge of React and Node
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Swiss-army-knife experience
- Ability-to-build-from-scratch experience
We are currently in private BETA testing for our first program Healing Arthritis in partnership with world renowned expert Dr. Susan Blum and are in need of a CTO to join us into our seed investment round.
We offer a modern, team-centric environment that encourages good communication, collaborative decision making and encouraged experimentation.
The role will be remote and part-time until launch.
There is currently no salary on offer until launch but generous equity for the right candidate.
Sound compelling? We look forward to hearing from you.