WHO WE WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM
A passionate sports fan and product manager to help us ideate, design, develop and manage exciting and innovative products.
Network Gaming is a rapidly growing innovation company which creates cutting edge sports prediction games for global media brands and a range of other companies.
We have just won our second big contract with News Corp, and launched a new game for brands talkSPORT and Dream Team. The business is scaling fast and we need digital talent to support the team and facilitate our next phase of growth.
KEY TO SUCCESS
Our ethos sets us apart from the competition:
- The power of community is central to our success
- Simple to play games for mass adoption
- Leverage the biggest moments in sport and entertainment
- Target key partners and build bespoke games
- A true affiliate product - built to convert
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
We are firm believers that a small group of dedicated and talented people can make big things happen.
Freedom and Responsibility
We embrace a free & entrepreneurial culture but we only hire team players who can manage the responsibility that comes with it.
Skin in the game
We want our staff to have a stake in the business. If the team has skin in the game, we’re more likely to win. If you are happy to take a slightly lower salary to obtain more shares/options or even invest, that is great but not essential.
The Power of Community
Shared experience is central to our games and a key part of enjoying work. We want to make Network Gaming an enjoyable and rewarding place to work and believe it's always more fun to do things together.
Compassion and Wisdom
In a decentralised business, our people must be knowledgeable and display sound judgement. We also look for people who can understand and empathise with others, and
selflessly help other team members in need. These two qualities combined are powerful community builders.
From ‘Hide & Seek’ to Monopoly, Minecraft to marbles, e-Fifa to football, we love the game. We dedicate time to improving at whatever we play, take care to understand the inner workings of each game and strategise on how we can win.
At the end of June we launched our newest game format in house, bringing us to three formats, with new formats in the pipeline. We are looking for a person who can manage the running of two of our new products, and the journeys into them. You will need to understand sport (football, golf, horseracing ideally), fantasy sports, and betting.
You will be responsible for liaising with stakeholders to organise team workshops to capture the development scope and define backlog items (epics, stories and associated tasks), write clear user stories, run the games successfully, prioritise in line with business goals and champion our end users. You will need to work in a fast paced, start-up environment. Good work will mean swift promotion to Product Owner.
Network Gaming is a flexible working company when it comes to time and location - generally you choose what you want to do but please note there are some evenings and weekends in this role as it is sport based but you will always get the time back in lieu.
- Minimum two years experience in managing agile development teams, preferably within the fantasy gaming or gambling industry.
- Able to organise stakeholder workshops with Product, UX, UI, QA and Engineering to capture the high-level requirements of features to bring to team workshops.
- Run regular planning meetings and retrospectives to support the team in reaching their goals and maintain a healthy backlog.
- Able to write clear user stories that capture the value, reason and goal of what is being attempted.
- Help with roadmap planning of a product - able to breakdown goals to deliverable releases.
- Deep knowledge of our existing, new, and complementary or rival products - or desire to acquire it fast
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Diagramming ability is a huge bonus (ie. strong experience with LucidCharts or similar)
- Experience with Jira would be preferable but not required
- A technical background, or have had sufficient experience building software in an agile environment with holistic technical teams.
You’ll report to the Head of Engineering on a day to day basis but should expect to regularly present progress to stakeholders at any level.
- Competitive salary, rising as the company grows, based on experience and milestones
- Remote work, or semi-remote if preferred - we have an office in Notting Hill
- Full benefits package - pension etc.
Network Gaming is based in Notting Hill, London and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.