Picfair is the world’s fastest-growing photography platform, powering over half a million photography portfolios across the globe. Our store builder feature enables hobbyist photographers to sell their images in multiple formats at prices they choose - with ecommerce, print production, licensing and global delivery all available in just a few clicks.
About the Role
Picfair is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Product team. You’ll be involved at every stage of the product development process and use your knowledge of user experience design, visual design and interaction design to craft a product our customers love. You’ll ensure the highest levels of execution and mentor junior designers as we look to grow the size of our Design team around you.
Picfair operates a hybrid working environment. This role requires that you visit our London (Shoreditch) office one day a week and work flexibly for the remaining days.
The role is open to those looking for a part-time (four days a week) position.
- Development of an in-house design system that enables the fast-paced production of new features.
- Production of high quality work that includes wireframes, prototypes, visual comps and pixel perfect production ready assets.
- Mobile first design that scales flexibly to the range of screen sizes used by photographers.
- Visual design oversight that includes Picfair’s typography, grid and brand colours.
- Presenting the Design team’s work in monthly all hands meetings.
- 6+ years experience designing digital products.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your process from initial problem to launch.
- 2+ years mentoring junior designers – full managerial experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with front-end engineering concepts.
- Comfortable working with data to understand user problems.
- An eye for detail and the demonstrable love of world class design.
- Experience working with internal teams to solve their user experience challenges.
- Knowledge of how to run usability research sessions / focus groups is a plus.
Working at Picfair
We strive to make Picfair the best small company to work for in London. As a member of the team you will get:
- A personal budget to ensure the best possible working environment.
- An educational bursary of £1,000 per year.
- Private health insurance.
- A fantastic office in the heart of east London.
- Monthly company socials.
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on a fast growing company.