Housemates is a student accommodation marketplace built with Gen Z in mind. We aim to empower students and young people with a fast, smooth and secure booking experience through our platform.
Each year $180 billion is spent in the student housing sector and we believe our marketplace and booking solution can bring much-needed speed, ease and transparency to the sector.
We are seeking a motivated Affiliate Executive with customer-facing experience to help us expand our network. You will be reporting directly to our CEO and have the opportunity to grow your partner-facing abilities as well as creative with our ambitious wider team of engineers, marketers, operations and the company founder.
This is an opportunity to join a purpose-driven, values-based Manchester startup in it’s early development, giving you the chance to get involved with and shape the way we do things.
This role is a full-time and permanent position.
What you will do...
- Day to day, you’ll be a friendly face/voice for our existing affiliates and new potential affiliates via outreach, talking to them through email and on the phone, guiding them through the onboarding process of becoming an affiliate.
- Own it! In the grand scheme of things, we’re newcomers in the student accommodation space and sometimes things don’t go as we thought. We expect you to think creatively and resolve any issues - but don’t worry, we’re still here to help! Collaborate with the wider team to create banners, landing pages etc. Your role is to ensure sales and targets are met and use key metrics to report on affiliate performance, and to deliver consumer insights.
- As part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to speak up about inefficiencies and suggest improvements in our product offering for affiliates. We have an open culture, where every voice counts.
- Finally, you’ll also need to help facilitate operational tasks, such as providing affiliates with marketing materials and assets required to cross-promote Housemates offering.
Who we’re looking for...
- Keen to help affiliates - Due to the nature of our business, we have customers and potential partners from all over the globe - and we’re quite proud of that. You will need to have the patience, empathy and enthusiasm to look after them. Experience in business development in any setting is a bonus!
- Be the voice of our affiliates - Between your conversations with affiliates, you will also be speaking to members of our team - whether that’s our ops people, product designers, engineers or the founder herself. That’s a lot of talking, so we’re looking for approachable, peoply-people.
- Driven by purpose and values - We’re here to make real change happen, improving the lives of our customers, stakeholders and the wider community. We’re looking for the sort of person that’s driven by this, like the rest of us are.
- Strong, flexible work ethic - Life moves fast, but especially in a startup. We’re looking for people who can join us for the ride. You’ll need to be able to manuevre through challenging situations and sometimes steer your way through difficult conversations.
- Competitive salary of £25,000 - £28,000
- Team activities in and outside of the office
- Purpose-driven, values based startup
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- A day off for your birthday
- Some flexibility to work remote
More info on Housemates
The team at Housemates are building a better way for students to book accommodation, with the Housemates Marketplace and Housemates Occupy property management system.
Our products empower today’s students to find and secure accommodation whilst also enabling accommodation providers to receive global exposure, genuine bookings and slick inventory management.
We have a vision of becoming the leading accommodation brand for every student and we need great people to help us get there. If you want to join a purpose-driven and rapid-growth business with ambitious people, come join our house.
At Housemates, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where students can find their place. If you have the same curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, join us to help make student moves smooth.
Please send a cover letter and CV when applying for this role.