COO Job description
At Geomiq we empower engineers to build better products, faster with a digital platform that democratises access to transparent & predictable manufacturing.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands (BMW, Rolls Royce, Brompton Bikes, Shadow Robot we have even supported space missions!), enabling their products to hit the market 5X faster by re-defining through how manufactured parts are designed, manufactured, and seamlessly delivered.
We make custom manufacturing easy!
About the Team
A London based tech start-up and a team of entrepreneurs with a proven track record. We are solving our own problem (one we faced every day as engineers) of how difficult it is to order custom manufactured parts via conventional manufacturing and we are on a mission!
Our culture is friendly but incredibly fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing, and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
As COO you will be critical in the development of our company culture and as a core member of the Senior Team you will get first-hand experience of fundraising (currently backed by notable VCs including Samaipata, Eka Ventures, Tekton, Sova and Fuel Ventures), rapid product and process development, incredible growth curves and everything else that comes with being part of a business on a trajectory and in scale up mode.
We take extreme care with who we hire and all team members are superbly talented and incredibly motivated. If you’re brilliant AND humble, you’ll fit right in.
A revolutionary platform that completely digitises the existing process of quoting and ordering of custom manufactured parts whilst ensuring the highest operational and quality outcomes. Our main customers are Design Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and Procurement teams building the world’s most innovative products. Check out the platform here: www.geomiq.com, and view a video of the platform in action: https://vimeo.com/371601469
About the Role
As a two-sided marketplace, managing a global and fragmented supply network, operational excellence is the beating heart of Geomiq.
As a result we are looking for a highly skilled and experienced operator, strategic thought partner and leader of organisational culture to play a critical role in the refinement, design, and integration of organisation wide, cross-team systems and processes.
You must thrive working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and be motivated to execute our strategy to deliver on the Geomiq vision. Working with the CEO and Senior Leadership team to capitalise on a $100Bn untapped global market.
- Provide leadership, thought partnership and tactical support to the Operations, People, Finance and Leadership teams ensuring that all organisational systems, policies, and practices reflect core values.
- Analyse internal operations performance by analysing data and identify areas of process enhancement.
- Coordinate and ensure strong execution across the Leadership Team in accordance with the strategic plan and drive strong cross-team systems.
- Oversee financial strategy, supporting the Finance team in the development of financial models, budgets, and analyses; leverage data to drive key operational decisions
- Ensure the design and implementation of a long-range strategy in order to maintain financial health and create sustainability in a time of growth and scaling
- Effectively align systems and structures across teams and functions to maximise impact
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit, and retain required members of the operational team not currently in place; provide mentoring for management development and succession planning
- Serve as a culture builder and transformative leader
About you and your experience
You must have experience strategizing, delivering and measuring complex processes, and you should be able to do so in about one-third the time that most competent people think possible. Leveraging strong organisational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and follow-through:
- Proof of successfully executing on a predefined strategy, within a high growth start-up or top tier consultancy
- Demonstrated financial management experience and budgeting skills
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic, outstanding customer experience approach, experience leading and managing people, and exceptional interpersonal skills that lead to building relationships across the organisation
- Proven experience managing complex Data Analytics / BI Systems and working with data-driven insights to inform strategic decision making
- Your previous titles may include Head of Operations or Operations Manager or Consultant but particularly hands on
- Bonus points for Marketplace, Supply Operations experience
- Soft skills that go to the moon, the first interview will be over breakfast and the second will be an activity of choice (Run, Gym, Hackathon, cooking class, live music event or Fishing trip depending on what you would prefer)
- Based in or around London as this will be a heavily hands-on role
- A competitive Salary (£70,000-£100,000 dependent on experience)
- Share options that will make everything worthwhile as we grow
- Employee pension plan
- 30 days holiday
If the company and challenge sounds interesting, drop us an email to find out more or to arrange a coffee