Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with over £1.3B invested into campaigns and more than 1350 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across Portugal and Germany. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do
- You will be working closely with entrepreneurs who are fundraising on Seedrs, as they go through the first stage of preparing to launch their crowdfunding campaign.
- As the first point of contact after the onboarding from the sales team, you will be responsible for ensuring a high quality experience for our clients by providing clear and helpful guidance to them throughout this stage of the process.
- The main focus of the role is to guide Seedrs clients - who will typically be one of the founders or core management team - through three essential initial steps: the creation of their ‘pre-registration page’ content which is used as a marketing tool to gather investor interest; the submission of a business profile form collecting information for our due diligence checks; and making the choice of legal documentation for their round.
- You will also be responsible for some of the support for entrepreneurs after they have completed the first stage with you and been handed over to one of our account management team. This covers a variety of additional tasks but is principally focused around helping them to understand the processes involved and make best use of the products or features that we make available to them.
- We expect you will quickly become an expert across these subject areas, able to respond to any questions that arise and act as a trusted consultant to Seedrs clients. The varied nature of these means you will need to learn fast and adapt to the varying needs of our clients.
- As a key part of our Investment Team, you will also learn about the entire fundraising journey, from the early campaign planning stages through to deal execution and portfolio oversight, alongside your day to day role.
Who we’re looking for
- A true passion for entrepreneurship, innovation and genuine empathy for entrepreneurs. If you don’t believe that startups will change the world, this job is not for you.
- Strong account management and customer success skills: excellent interpersonal skills and a superb telephone manner to quickly build rapport with customers. Strong organisational skills to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- Some experience of working in a client facing role is preferred, although not essential provided you can demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A high attention to detail and thorough in your approach to your work.
- Fluent in English and have excellent writing skills.
- Possess a willingness to work flexibly. We are a very fast growing company, and we need to operate with all hands on deck.
- 30 minute telephone interview with our Senior Investment Manager.
- 1 hour interview with our Senior Investment Manager and Investment Manager, including a 30 minute section to discuss a presentation we will ask you to prepare.
- 45 minute interview with our Senior Investment Manager & CIO.
- Culture interview held by the People Team.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: £25,000.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!