Vauban is fundamentally transforming the alternative investment landscape.
One of the most impactful human inventions ever is the legal entity (called a “vehicle”). It allows people to pool and deploy capital, to innovate, to fundraise – all in a structured and risk-limited way.
A Wealth Container is a vehicle that allows people to pool money together to invest in assets. Anything can be an asset: the start-up that created the software you are using to read this job ad, the building you are living in, a bar of gold, or even a Picasso masterpiece.
Our Wealth Container platform enables dealmakers, venture capitalists and property developers to open Wealth Containers in a number of clicks all from the comfort of their laptop.
We have been trusted to create over 300 Containers, holding over $500m in capital, and have helped investors own stakes in such companies as Airbnb, SpaceX, Tide and many more. We are not stopping there – our ambitious plans include becoming the standard for vehicles across the world, the AWS of private assets.
If you’re passionate about venture capital and angel investment, this is the place for you!
# The challenges you’ll help to tackle
- We are at the intersection of law, regulation, tax and finance: how do you deliver exceptional customer experience without the complexity or red tape that your competitors hide behind?
- Turning professional services into products is challenging: how do you productise our intellectual property so that we can deliver the fastest solution with even higher quality outcomes?
- We automate investment structures in venture capital: how can you scale processes so that each container is as seamless and fun to use as the last one created?
# The impact you'll have
You will have the opportunity to structure deals on behalf of the most talented venture capitalists, fund managers and dealmakers in the world. You will help them realise their ambitions of supporting the companies of tomorrow through our next-gen investment stack (including legals, vehicle formation, banking, investor onboarding and much more).
# Who you are
- 3+ years of professional experience in Law, Venture Capital or Alternative Investments (plus ideally a post-graduate qualification).
- Client success sparks joy! You are pro-active and resourceful in delivering positive outcomes every single day.
- High attention to detail: written and quantitative. You must be confident navigating your way around complex legal documents (ideally funds-related).
- Organised and calm under pressure, you are able to manage competing demands on your time, whilst persevering to solve ambiguous problems.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about venture capital: you intimately understand the pressures facing our clients and are ready to roll up your sleeves in a post Series-A
# How we work
We have a simple philosophy – we live, breathe and lead by 4 key values:
Courage - We undertake stark missions and bold strategic moves that most find crazy, and we fight courageously to make them happen.
Pioneer – Traditional players in our industry offer extremely poor user experiences, they are full of assumptions used as excuses to remain in the past. We think from first principles and debunk myths, doing things in a way that has never been done before.
Polymath - Vauban is an end-to-end product, each of our containers has a lot of expertise behind it: engineering, legal, finance and design. But it’s perfectly integrated. This is because we have no divisions: everyone has an interest in what the other is doing. If you often find yourself searching about various things online to constantly learn, you are at home at Vauban.
110% - We work hard and smart. We believe in the concept of scale down to the smallest level, where adding a little more productivity at the micro-level can build towards extraordinary outcomes.
# What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 32 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Free book subscriptions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Office based role in Shoreditch HQ (with great coffee!)
- Team gaming nights / dinners / parties (when that’s an option)
# About Vauban
Vauban was founded by Remy Astie and Ulric Musset with a passion to revolutionise the way that fund structuring and administration worked – by making it as simple and pain-free as how shipping containers changed the way international shipping worked (read more here). Wealth Containers were the logical next step in that evolution. Since building their very first Wealth Container, they have changed the way that over 3,000 investors have accessed alternative investments.
We have been backed by key partners such as Kima Ventures, West Loop Ventures, United First Partners and Pi Labs. Vauban is headquartered in London and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 825317).
We value diversity at Vauban, we know that innovation thrives on teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising.