StoryTerrace is a fast growing, London headquartered consumer-tech scale-up with 40+ employees and a pool of over 600 vetted freelancers in Europe and the United States. The company’s vision is to create a world in which every life story is captured in a meaningful way.
Its core service - to turn a life story into a book using its proprietary technology platform and a global network of ghostwriters - is growing over 100% YoY. StoryTerrace is the leader in this emerging new product category.
We are looking for an exceptionally organised and highly literate Project Editor with great people skills to join our friendly team. The right candidate will become an integral part of the editorial team and will see their own projects through from sale to finished book. They will also liaise with clients, writers, designers, printers, and other suppliers daily. In this role, they will be reporting to the UK Managing Editor and will also work closely with the Senior Project Editor and the UK Sales Manager.
As our Project Editor, you will:
- Project-manage a large number of books to schedule and to a consistently high quality - typically an editor will manage between 80-90 projects
- Manage the book production process through the use of our production platform ‘BookMaker’
- Liaise with a diverse list of writers
- Have daily contact with clients, acting as first point of contact for your projects
- Put books through production: editing, proofreading, liaising with book designers, ordering books etc.
- Ensure that end products have undergone final editorial and proof checks
- 2-3 years’ experience in an editorial/production role (preferably in trade publishing)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven project management skills
- A superb eye for detail
- Ability to use Gmail, Word and Excel. InDesign skills a big plus
- Strong communication and people management skills
- An interest in working in an entrepreneurial environment and a passion for driving efficiency
- Infinite learner mindset
- A passion for people's stories!
- Some mental resilience - not all our stories are happy ones, typically 20% of our projects involve people overcoming some variety of trauma in their lives
- Salary of £24,000 plus OTE Bonus & Commission
- Ownership of your own assigned projects
- A supportive, international start-up environment, working with our American, British, and Dutch teams
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and fun work environment, producing a meaningful product
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs and managers in an inclusive environment
- Strong sense of team and mission
This is an exciting professional role requiring a strong editorial background and excellent communication skills. Come and join our ambitious plans and create your own career story at StoryTerrace! 🚀
At StoryTerrace we value empathy, collaboration, trust, innovation and we are purpose driven. We value diversity and we encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
This job post describes our ideal candidate. If you feel you are not yet experienced enough but believe you still might make a great match, we would like to encourage you to send in your resume and cover letter. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel intrigued by our values, then we would like to get to know you!