We are seeking a smart and driven person for our full time operations internship at our well funded e-commerce fulfillment startup. We are only considering interns that could work full days, not part time, for at least 2 months.
At Bezos, our vision is to Deliver Happiness: For our team, for the end consumers, for the e-commerce sellers as well as our logistics partners.
Exciting times in e-commerce: E-commerce sales in Europe is projected to be £406 billion by 2023, expected to grow double digits, driven by consumers that increasingly buy more online as well as the emergence of small and medium e-commerce sellers, which have grown at 18% and 28% per year, respectively between 2009-2017. Building a next generation Fulfillment-as-a-Service platform: With this explosive growth in e-commerce, the demand for e-commerce fulfilment and delivery is booming. Bezos is a next generation Fulfillment-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform, that allows small and medium e-commerce sellers to outsource their fulfilment and delivery, and focus on what is more important: growing their businesses. By providing a one-stop-shop solution for e-commerce logistics, we make it super easy for sellers to manage their logistics, eliminating the hassle of storage, fulfillment, last mile delivery and returns. We believe there is a massive market opportunity to serve these currently unattended and fast growing small and medium e-commerce sellers. And that is just the beginning: our vision for the future of the e-commerce logistics landscape foresees significant structural changes in order to comply with the growing changes in customer expectations regarding delivery speed and quality.
Co-founder with proven track record: Vernon Tjon-Soei-Len, who is a seasoned technology executive with experience in e-commerce, the gig economy and last mile delivery industry. Vernon was Director of Amazon Flex UK, and prior to that worked at Zipcar, Bain & Company and JPMorgan (LinkedIn profile here).
We are looking for an exceptional intern: Someone that gets excited about the adventure of a startup and wants to work hard and learn how to build a world class billion dollar business. Someone that is hands on, solves problems, and gets his or her hands dirty in the execution. Someone that is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced startup, coupled with strong analytical skills, taking a data-driven approach to solve complex problems and programs. A “can do” attitude is an absolute must, and candidates must demonstrate a superior track record of delivering results.
- You will be assigned different projects within operations which you will lead from beginning to end
- Develop and implement new processes to enable Bezos’ platform to work seamlessly for e-commerce sellers, including storage, fulfillment and delivering e-commerce orders
- Help manage some of our operational partners performance (e.g last mile carriers, warehouses)
- Help manage day-to-day customer ticketing interactions and performance
- You will be working directly with the founders, and will have a specific internship plan with goals, targets and responsibilities.
Must have requirements:
- We are only looking for full time interns (2 months minimum)
- Based in the UK during the internship
- Degree in engineering, or studying towards a degree in engineering
- Ability to understand new concepts rapidly and react in a high-energy, fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do, never-give-up attitude
- Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
- Highly analytical, using data to explore problems, identify opportunities and assess benefits and impacts
- Highly proficient in working with large datasets
- Good vibes: Fostering team spirit; someone everyone enjoys and aspires to work with