Are you looking to join an innovative development project? Do you want your creativity to be valued? Do you want your work to directly improve people’s quality of life?
We’re looking to recruit a UI/UX Designer to help us with building our web application. You will be joining the company early in its journey, giving you the chance to play a role in shaping the company culture. You will work with both the CEO to understand the users, and the developers who will implement your designs.
We are looking for a good designer who can create a design system to go across our web-app, website and other materials that are required. You will be responsible for everything design related, which from time to time may include:
- Establishing a design system
- Creating designs for new features in the app
- Creating working, interactive prototypes pre-development
- Conducting user research, determining how they interact with the product
- Developing user personas
- Improving the website, with a landing page for each customer persona
- Designing a company logo
The required skills are:
- UI design
- UX design
- User research
- Experience with a design tool like Sketch, Figma, AdobeXD, etc.
- Knowledge of the web accessibility standards
Any of the following would also be great, but are not required:
- Knowledge of branding principles
- HTML & CSS
You’re the type of person who:
- Can get motivated by the company mission to innovate the digital reading experience
- Is a self starter, able to to take the lead in their work
- Has attention to detail
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Remote working, with access to our co-working space in Glasgow
- Flexible working hours; for part-time you choose your days
- A professional development and training budget
- Pension contributions matched by the Company
- Income protection insurance
- Supportive, knowledgeable teammates
- The chance to shape the company culture
- Something important to you? Just ask! The great thing about a new start-up is we can easily adapt to the needs of the team!
We are innovating the digital reading experience
Have you noticed that text on screen is typically presented like it is ink on a page? The potential of dynamic, powerful, electronic displays is not being harnessed. Reading can be a more engaging and efficient experience for everyone, but a new approach is especially needed for the visually impaired.
Based on university research, this approach moves the text to mimic natural eye movements. The machine thus takes on some of the burden. It is like predictive text for reading.
We have received the backing of both the Royal Academy of Engineering and Innovate UK to develop this technology and produce market-ready software to aid the visually impaired to read.
We have begun the conversation with the largest US tech companies about how they can integrate our solution. The first step, however, will be to develop the tech into a standalone app. We have the support of several major vision charities in the UK and the USA who are ready to promote us.
You will be coming in right from the start, as we develop the basic solution and then think creatively, exploring the many possibilities it opens up. Your contributions to shaping this business will be welcomed.