Are you looking to make a difference in the world?
Join the Reconome team, we’re passionate about the Circular Economy and we’re creating a long-term sustainable model to solve digital poverty by refurbishing electronics and distributing them affordably.
We are in the midst of scaling-up and need capable individuals to help support and fuel our growth into a significantly larger, international player in the refurbishing of end-user electronics like laptops and smartphones.
As an Operations Associate, you’ll play a key part in scaling our operating model, helping make the world of IT more sustainable, and creating a big, global impact.
You will enjoy a high degree of responsibility, while being part of a supportive expert team.
About the Company
Our ambition is to become a successful global electronics refurbishing company, and to use our Circular Economy business model to guarantee equal access to technology in a planet-friendly way. Our ambition is to create a long-term sustainable supply chain for affordably priced computing equipment, so that everyone can benefit from technology. Over 90% of our refurbished equipment goes to schools, charities and SMEs.
With a structurally lower cost base, vertical integration and purpose-driven approach, Reconome is becoming an authority in the Circular Economy and is rapidly growing in the electronics market. We deployed over 5000 refurbished devices in 2020.
For more information about Reconome please visit our website: www.recono.me
About the Role
We are currently seeking a picker/packer to add to our growing team in Leytonstone (London E11). Within the next 6 months we are looking to move to a significantly larger warehouse in Slough or High Wycombe.
You will securely package our refurbished products in accordance with standard packaging procedures, while maintaining quality standards and efficient production. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented, organised, and able to track and complete multiple tasks. We also expect you to communicate problems proactively and to think of ways to improve processes. You'll help us prepare, log, pack and ship our reconditioned electronics so they can be reused by new owners.
Picker/Packer Job Responsibilities
- Picks and packs products based on daily orders.
- Commits to quality testing products before shipping and reporting and logging any issues.
- Utilises continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follows good manufacturing practices and required work safe practices.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Meet the daily dispatch time for orders.
- Keep stock and warehouse organised and clean.
- Separate different types of items and materials for recycling.
- Check in Donations and update items through Inventory Sheets.
- Able to lift up to 30kg
- Able to stand up to 4 hours at a time
- Demonstrated ability to operate basic machinery
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in a warehouse environment
- Previous experience in startups and pick & pack
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Receiving, stocking, and stacking