Eaten Alive is on a mission to bring kimchi, krauts and ferments out of relative obscurity and onto the plates of everyone who wants food that tastes and makes you feel great.
Founded by Glyn and Pat (L’Enclume, Fera and The Ledbury alumni), Eaten Alive’s ferments have won numerous Great Taste Awards and can currently be found in Whole Foods, Leon and Chick ’n’ Sours.
We’re growing quickly and need a passionate foodie to manage a portfolio of existing accounts across our wholesale and retail channels. You’ll also be involved in using your network and creativity to grow sales by developing new business within these channels.
Our ambition is to 5x our business over the next three years and both our wholesale and retail channels play a key role in supporting this ambition.
- Developing new business across the sales channels
- Nurture existing and newly onboarded accounts, building and delivering account relationship plans
- Work with the Directors to refine and deliver the sales strategy
- Work closely with our Product and Operations teams on new opportunities and also to ensure that we build robust forecasts every month
- Work hand in hand with the marketing team to build brand love, visibility and performance of our products
- Proactively and effectively ensure customer pricing, promotional plans and margin management are responsibly maintained
- Consistently track activity in our CRM (Notion) to provide the business with actionable metrics and data
- Role model a high level of leadership behaviour to enhance the credibility and effectiveness of the sales team
Our dream candidate is someone who can speak credibly about premium food products, understands how the major multiples work and wants to progress to Chief Commercial Officer quickly. In particular, you’ll have the following skills:
- 2 years+ sales and account management experience
- A blackbook of contacts in, and a proven track record of, selling into wholesale and retail food channels
- A track record of generating leads and driving sales through existing business
- Confident and commercially savvy, you’re comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels
- Ability to negotiate and build best in class relationships with our customers
- A commercial mindset and understand the impact of your decisions on the wider business
- Confident working with spreadsheets and are able to handle occasionally complex customer data (pricing, product lists, margins), in addition to internal reporting
- A team player – you see the team’s success as your own
Nice to have
- Passionate about working in the food industry and a love of all ferments!
- Experience setting up and managing CRMs
- Experience mentoring and managing junior members of the Sales Team
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing business
- The opportunity to build a department from the ground up
- Competitive salary + OTE, depending on experience
- Pension contribution
- 28 days’ annual leave (pro-rata for part-time roles)
- Restaurant quality staff lunches
- Staff discounts
- Part-time/flexible working options
- London based or remote working options