It’s a very exciting time to join the Engineering team at Platform One. We just hit £600m Assets under Administration, and we have been growing exponentially over the last 24 months! Our engineering team is small and close knit. This is a critical stage in our growth and you will have a real impact on our product and the company as a whole.
Platform One is a plug-and-play infrastructure provider for the wealth management industry. This has two main components to it (you would be involved in both):
- We provide a regulated investment administration services to financial advisers and their clients both in the UK and Overseas. What does that mean? If you go to a financial adviser asking them for help to manage your money, they are highly likely to use a platform to do it because of the tools, access to products and economies of scale that a company like ours provides.
- We provide pure technology in a SaaS model to other players in the wealth management industry to help them deliver their own platform or aspects of it.
You will be involved in both sides to the business as they complement each other. We hold daily stand-ups and applied, on-the-job learning is central to our mission, as is quick deployment with quality code.
About the Role
If you’re a problem solver, you like autonomy and independence, and you enjoy working in a collaborative environment, then we would love to have a chat with you.
Our goal is to provide you with encouragement and autonomy to do the best work of your career. We want to create a fast pace, energetic environment where everyone can thrive and the business can scale rapidly.
You’ll solve real problems including:
- How can we build an industry leading investment platform?
- How can we automate aspects of the wealth management industry to improve the consumer experience?
- How can we implement modern technologies and best practices from other industries into WealthTech?
You'll have various responsibilities, and opportunities to dictate your work:
- Developing new tools and products for financial advisers
- Streamlining our trading and transfers processes to be fully automated
- Bringing together our clients' accounts from all of their investment platforms
- You have an understanding of software development principles and practices.
- You care about building reliable, accessible and well-tested systems for the web.
- You have an appreciation for simple, maintainable design.
- You thrive in a culture of knowledge-sharing.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- .NET MVC
- HTML & CSS
- Entity Framework
- Azure infrastructure
- Third-party APIs
Inclusion is at the heart of our social mission. Yes, we're an equal opportunities employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, but it goes so much further than that. We value difference and we're dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for every staff member.
We are open to accepting remote applicants, however, preference will be given to UK-based candidates.
- 22 days holiday (post-probation) plus bank holidays to keep the tank topped up. Increases by a day for each year of service
- Private Healthcare
- Work from home opportunities
- Additional learning resources
- Potential for equity
- Pension Plan
- FCA Training
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that large institutions are investing in
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun.