Platform One is an investment platform service, designed to deliver a secure, high-quality wealth management platform for the UK and international marketplace. The service enables financial advisers to consolidate and manage all their high-net-worth clients’ investments in one place. Their business model incentivises both the adviser and their clients to use the platform.
As well as recently receiving investment from several prominent angel investors in the Fintech space, they have experienced fast growth since merging with a technology provider- Roxy Capital- in 2018. They now have more than £500m Assets under Administration and work with over 150 companies.
Platform One is a plug-and-play infrastructure provider for the wealth management industry.
This has two main components to it (you would be involved in both):
- We provide a regulated investment administration services to financial advisers and their clients both in the UK and Overseas. What does that mean? If you go to a financial adviser asking them for help to manage your money, they are highly likely to use a platform to do it because of the tools, access to products and economies of scale that a company like ours provides.
- We provide pure technology in a SaaS model to other players in the wealth management industry to help them deliver their own platform or aspects of it.
You will be involved in both sides to the business as they complement each other. We hold daily stand-ups and applied, on-the-job learning is central to our mission, as is quick deployment with quality code.
About the Role
Our goal is to provide you with encouragement and autonomy to do the best work of your career. We want to create a fast pace, energetic environment where everyone can thrive and the business can scale rapidly. You will report to the CTO.
- You’re an experienced full-stack engineer and have a solid understanding of software development principles and practices
- You appreciate autonomy and trust, while also being a team player and supporting knowledge-sharing across your team
- You are organised and you care about building reliable, accessible and well-tested/documented systems for the web
- You have an appreciation for simple, maintainable design
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus
What the job involves:
- Developing new tools and products for financial advisers
- Streamlining our trading and transfers processes to be fully automated
- Bringing together our clients' accounts from all of their investment platforms
- Implementing modern technologies and best practices from other industries into WealthTech and our platform
Required Skills & Experience
- .NET MVC
- HTML & CSS
- Entity Framework
- Azure infrastructure
- Third-party APIs
Inclusion is at the heart of our social mission. Yes, we're an equal opportunities employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, but it goes so much further than that. We value difference and we're dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for every staff member.
Remote Working. We are open to accepting remote applicants, however, preference will be given to UK-based candidates.
- Salary dependant on experience and to be discussed
- 22 days holiday (post-probation) plus bank holidays to keep the tank topped up. Increases by a day for each year of service
- Unlimited potential for progression and seniority
- Work from home opportunities
- Health insurance
- Additional learning resources
- Potential for equity
- Pension plan
- FCA training