Platform One is an investment platform service, designed to deliver a secure, high-quality investment platform for the UK and international marketplace. The service enables financial advisers to consolidate and manage all their client’s net worth investments in one place. Our business model incentivises both the adviser and their clients to use the platform.
As well as recently receiving investment from several prominent angel investors in the Fintech space, we have experienced fast growth since merging with a technology provider- Roxy Capital- in 2018. It’s a very exciting time to join our team as we hit a critical stage in our growth having more than £600m Assets under Administration and working with over 150 companies.
About the role
The Dealing Manager role will report to the CEO and will cover all the activities related to trading and settlement, including stock transfers and dealing services. This will include responsibilities for all the trading, settlement, custody and stock transfer systems and processes. Please note that there are dedicated stock transfer staff in the business also.
The business has previously used third party service providers to undertake the custody, trading and settlement, however as the business has grown the volumes are now beginning to justify direct market trading and settlement arrangements. Helping the business and the directors to manage this transition is a key part of the role.
There is an immediate requirement to set up efficient trading and settlement services and the market links and interfaces necessary to support these. The role will also include responsibility for ensuring that stock transfers, particularly bulk business transfers, are managed effectively.
The role will be a combination of:
- advising and implementing the market systems and interfaces to establish more cost-effective trading services for the business
- responsibility for managing existing third-party trading and custody service providers and ensuring that these continue to operate effectively.
- Partaking in day to day dealing
- Implementing and maintaining an effective monitoring and oversight framework for dealing
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Day to day management and operation of dealing & settlements
- Transmitting and executing dealing requests
- Monitoring all dealing requests and setting up an effective oversight/tracking framework
- Identifying the most effective options for trading and settlement for the business
- Implementing these and managing their operation
- Working with the executive directors to establish a strategy to support the business
- Ensuring that the market interfaces all operate effectively
- Delivering and maintaining a high-quality service for all our clients and advisers
- Maintaining and managing good relationships with all service providers
- Attending management and strategy meetings
- Working with IT to develop and test new systems enhancements and interfaces
- Support of major new business enquiries and prospects involving large stock transfers
- You must have experience of the main market systems and interfaces for stocks and funds. This could include CREST, Pro-Quote, Unavista, Calastone, EMX, etc.
- As the role involves reporting to and guiding the directors in the strategy decision making, good communications skills and clear presentation ability will key.
- You are positive, independent, self-motivated and hands-on.
- You are highly detailed-orientated even when multi-tasking.
- You have a strong academic background.
This is a remote working role, however if required you may be asked to travel to our main office in Wimborne Dorset, our Norwich office or London. It will occasionally require visits to service providers and to client firms and the company’s offices. Therefore, the role may involve some travelling (mainly UK but also on rare occasions, internationally) and the successful candidate must be able to drive.
Inclusion is at the heart of our social mission. Yes, we're an equal opportunities employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, but it goes so much further than that. We value difference and we're dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for every staff member.
- Salary dependant on experience and to be discussed.
- 22 days holiday (post-probation) plus bank holidays to keep the tank topped up. Increases by a day for each year of service
- Private Healthcare
- Work from home opportunities
- Additional learning resources
- Potential for equity
- Pension Plan
- FCA Training
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that large institutions are investing in
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun.