Get giddy about growth? Fan of funnels? Read on! We're looking for a passionate marketer with a mix of analytical and creative skills, and at least 2 years experience, to grow with us as we 10x our business over the next 5 years.
You'll be joining a growing team in the fast-evolving podcasting industry, with a focus on marketing our software and education offerings.
Benefit from flexible working hours, and the opportunity to split work between office and home. Due to the nature of the role, the ideal candidate will be expected to work from our Edinburgh-based office at least 3 days per week.
Read more about our values and how we work here.
What do We Do?
Our core area of work is podcasting: teaching others how to launch, grow and monetise their own show. We publish a range of free resources on a regular basis on our website, thePodcastHost.com; blogging and podcasting regularly, and producing videos and written tutorials for our audience.
We also engage on social media, interacting with fans of the website and answering questions from around the world.
We earn our living in three main ways:
- Running a Software as a Service (SAAS) web application, Alitu, which is a tool to help people create a podcast. SAAS growth & marketing is a really interesting and growing area, and you'll help us create our strategy around that.
- Supporting a close community of all-in media creators within our paid course library: The Podcast Host Academy. The community contains courses, resources and live-taught events to help anyone learn how to run a better show.
- Affiliate and Sponsorship related to our free content. This means researching customer problems and needs, and creating content that really helps them. This is then monetised through product recommendations, sponsorship and other methods.
What will You Do?
As an acquisition specialist, you will own the lead generation and conversion pipeline. Working with internal and external specialists, and our Head of Growth, you will contribute to the strategy and implementation of both existing and new acquisition channels and funnels. You will own our paid channels, and work closely with our content team to manage and improve our owned media channels.
You will have the opportunity to research, build, and grow our affiliate programme, which we see as a huge growth tool for us. You'll take our current initiatives, and grow them into a profitable source of leads and customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead-gen and conversion strategy on our owned media channels
- Day-to-day running of paid channels (and/or working with external contractors)
- Paid search
- YouTube ads
- Facebook, Instagram ads
- Podcast sponsorship
- Taking ownership of and building our affiliate channels
- Product user affiliates
- Independent affiliates (influencers)
- Take ownership of acquisition metrics across our channels
- Build our attribution model to track channel performance accurately
- create fortnightly reports on performance.
- Help to develop new, innovative campaign concepts
- Contributing to the team's overall growth strategy (emphasis on a "test and learn fast" strategy)
- Building and maintaining an ongoing testing calendar.
- Ideation and implementation of segmented buyer journeys (funnels)
- Audience research, and interpretation of existing data
- Design and copywriting for landing pages, adverts, and lead magnets
- Accurate conversion tracking from lead to purchase
- Setting out structure for email sequences
- Work closely with our internal UX & Development specialist to continuously improve on-site conversion and develop new landing pages and experiences.
- Manage a fluid budget.
- Landing page, conversion and funnel testing and analysis. Analysing impacts and optimising to acquisition goals.
- Experience managing digital acquisition channels - PPC, SEO, Display, Affiliate, Paid Social Channels
- Experience building/managing paid campaigns on Google (Search & YouTube), Bing, Facebook, etc.
- Experience developing, managing and reporting text ads, display and retargeting ads
- Experience creating landing pages using either WordPress or Webflow
- Experience writing copy for ads, landing pages, and other buyer journey materials
- Experience in attribution tracking, analytics and performance reporting
Nice to have
- Creative ideation skill, and experience in implementing creative vision for mixed media advertising materials.
- Experience in podcasting or other content creation
How it works
- Salary – £22,000 > £32,000 depending on experience.
- Hours – Full week (40 hrs)
- Schedule – Flexible working hours
- Location – Edinburgh. Hybrid working, if desired, mixing home work with office.
- Benefits – The usual basics, and growing as we do: holiday pay (4 weeks per year), pensions, staff parties, etc. We're still small, so we can't quite compete with huge open offices and tonnes of freebies, but we make up for that in flexibility, work balance, a close-knit team, and your ability to really make a difference in an early stage, growing company with a loyal fanbase.
- Development – We'll pay for courses, equipment, and conference attendance to help your development.