BoroughBox is an exciting scale-up business focused on the independent food and drink sector. Working across multiple areas within the supply chain we’re involved in everything from sales (D2C and B2B) to logistics (3PL). Put simply, we help independent food and drink brands grow.
We’re looking for a hands-on Product Merchandiser to join our growing eCommerce team at BoroughBox. Our world-class Trade Division provides wholesale and stock services for shops, cafés, delis and supermarkets across the UK and we’re proud to champion products as if they were our own. BoroughBox are the innovators and distributors of the food and drink industry - and we want you to help us take this to the next level.
You will be responsible for the product catalogue of our recently launched Trade site and will work closely with our Trade and Procurement teams to ensure new products are created efficiently and accurately. It’s still new, so alongside our eCommerce Manager you’ll look to streamline the process and make improvements to our ways of working.
We need someone who is diligent, proactive, and ready to get stuck in and be a part of our incredible eComm team. You’ll have a solid understanding of what makes a good online shopping experience. And of course, you will need to be passionate about food and drink because we’re surrounded by it. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
This is a flexible working role with a mix of remote and office working. 2 days a week will be based in our London office (Tuesday and Wednesday).
What you’ll do
- Manage the Trade product catalogue - product upload, detail maintenance and edits where required.
- Optimise product performance through product recommendations and upselling/cross-selling.
- Use Algolia to optimise search results, and also for category merchandising to ensure our product range is presented to maximise sales.
- Analyse product performance and present findings to the team.
- Ensure seasonal products and categories are promoted and removed when necessary.
- Work with our Tech team and eCommerce Manager to troubleshoot any technical issues and highlight potential improvements to our systems and for our customers.
- Undertake regular category and product reviews.
- Conduct competitor analysis.
- Experience with Magento 2.
- Experience in a similar product merchandising role.
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, e-commerce best practices.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Excel and presentation software such as PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to multitask and prioritise.
- A good understanding of website management and e-commerce usability.
- Understanding of online marketing: SEO, PPC, Social etc.
Perks of working at BoroughBox:
- High level of responsibility from day one.
- Lots of potential for growth.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata, based on 5 day working week).
- 20% discount on BoroughBox.com.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Lots of product sampling!
To apply please send in your CV and a cover letter outlining why you're suitable for this position.