Sales Development Representative for The United Kingdom and Ireland Markets.
A Sales Development Representative is responsible for proactive outbound prospecting and lead management. This position will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualified prospects from lead status into the sales pipeline.
While being part of the Marketing department, this role will work closely with the Sales and Channel team, to build relationships with potential end-customers and partners through Marketing & Sales activities – Outbound phone calls, events, campaigns, direct mail, email, social media, etc. The goal of the Sales Development Representative is to take a lead from a Marketing campaign, qualify the lead through opportunity discovery, set an on-site appointment with an Account Executive, and follow through until a quote is delivered. Additionally, the SDR will be developing relationships with resellers and business partners, making sure that information is flowing properly between all parties.
- Generate opportunities and or appointments by means of proactive outbound prospecting, researching, and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers
- Work directly with Sales and Marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set opportunities or appointments
- Use of strong influencing skills to set up qualified opportunities
- Consistent use of sales approach and techniques based on product or service solutions
- Log, track and maintain prospect/customer contact and contact records
- Work closely with all sales functions, attend sales meetings, training, host at local trade shows
- 2+ years of experience working with enterprise customers as an Insides Sales Representative. Familiarity with longer sales cycles is a plus.
- Highly motivated individual who is results driven and able to manage time effectively
- Experience with channel partners is a plus.
- Experience within IT, Storage in particular, would be an advantage.
- Must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong in-person, phone/video and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate the Infinidat value proposition to end customers and partners.
- Strong team player.
- Understanding of business development strategies and approaches.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Strong PC skills required, including the use of standard MS Office applications such as Excel; knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Native British English is a must