Who we are
Zappi is a fast growing SaaS platform helping Fortune 500 companies pre-test new ideas and creative content before production. From new products, media campaigns, names, logos, packaging or flavours, Zappi allows companies to shelve bad ideas and improve on good ones. We bring together top expertise in applied statistics, data science, visualization, UX and engineering to create a platform that allows non-expert users to make high-stakes decisions easily and confidently. We believe it’s possible to run a profitable business while also having a positive impact on the environment and our communities.
What we Value
We believe in hiring people that want a chance to do their best work. We believe driven engineers operate best in high-trust, small, cross-functional teams who work together with the rest of the business to bring value to our customers.
We believe great engineering happens in great teams that value improvement, curiosity and continuous learning. We align as a business on the challenges we need to solve and trust teams solve them in the best possible way.
We value experimentation, failing fast and being bold. We practice continuous delivery and fast iteration. We hate politics, gate-keeping, unfairness and toxic behaviour. We believe in transparency, even when it’s unflattering. We believe in honesty, even when it’s uncomfortable. We treat failure as a learning opportunity. We believe in ethical and responsible business practices and having a positive impact on the environment and our communities.
What you will be working on
The Customer Experience (CX) team is a new team with a mission to improve key user experiences across our platform. One of the challenges we will face is building small independent services in both the back-end and front-end that must integrate across much of the platform while maintaining a seamless and tailored customer experience. Examples of these services include a commenting and collaboration service (like Google Docs), a notifications system, tour guides and user preferences.
Zappi is an equal opportunities employer; our diversity is a major strength. We maintain a constant dialogue with our teams and wider communities about how we can become a more inclusive place to work.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate characteristics of a senior engineer (this is generally more than 4 years experience)
- You are able to demonstrate how you add value to a team as a senior engineer, and what you expect from a high performing team
- You have transferable technical experience. We don’t need deep expertise in our tech stack if you can demonstrate your ability to learn new technologies
- You have the right to work in the location advertised or in any of our supported remote working countries
- Competitive pay scales that are benchmarked annually – this is not something we just say in job descriptions. You shouldn’t have to leave to earn what you’re worth
- Tailored personal development through training allowances (for courses, conferences, etc), coaching, mentorship and career frameworks
- Unlimited holidays – we encourage people to take plenty of leave
- Flexible working arrangements, including remote (unless otherwise specified)
- Thoughtfully designed offices to support both individual work and collaboration without interrupting others
- Generous hardware budget – get what works for you
- Support setting up your home office, if appropriate (chair + desk, etc)
- Wellbeing benefits such as free yoga and access to trained therapists / counsellors