We are creating a banking experience like never before.
Fresh like the flavor of mint, an experience that reimagines how you think about banking. A bank built for your smartphone architected around your lifestyle. Built on the foundations of socially responsible banking and cutting-edge technology, we bring to you, digital financial services that are intelligent, unique, and most important, Refreshingly delightful.
About the Role:
We are looking for experienced compliance and risk professionals to create simple compliance solutions to support the launch and growth of exciting global digital bank at MoneeMint.
This role will be specifically responsible for providing clear requirements and driving compliance program implementation to enable business expansion across our different product verticals including pre-paid and banking products.
This is an opportunity to be a driving force of the UK's freshest fintech around with great ambitions to expand. You’ll help accelerate the company's growth by creating thought leadership through our brand positioning. Over the next two years, our goal is to establish a strong brand presence that compels trust and conversion in competitive markets.
You’ll have the advantage of working closely with various stakeholders at the company including the Board, Senior Managers, Regulators and investors.
You’ll solve a variety of challenging, real-world business challenges with partners and businesses, which will increase international operational efficiency, improve fundraising and partnership prospects, and encourage profitable growth.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as a key and active member of the expansion team, interacting with team members to provide compliance and regulatory strategy while directing the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of such strategy.
- Develop a risk assessment and annual compliance work plan that identifies the organization's unique characteristics and areas of regulatory risk, with a focus on the Company's products, and set forth a risk mitigation plan that will be implemented by the organization.
- Ensure compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations, including proper auditing and reporting functions.
- Collaborate with the Legal and People Operations and Development departments to monitor the enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Regularly audit Company operations, products, procedures, practices, and documents, including quality assurance, quality control, and periodic reviews of departments to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Provide guidance, advice, training, and educational programs to improve the business's understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements, particularly regarding KYC, AML, and FCPA matters to potential partners and businesses.
- Prepare and present clear and concise compliance reports to the executive team and external regulatory bodies as needed.
- Assess the business's current and future products and services to identify possible compliance risks and ensure products meet all regulatory compliance requirements.
- Remain informed of regulatory developments, as well as evolving best practices in compliance control, and utilize knowledge in the development and adjustment of Company plans and product offerings.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and the main point of contact responsible for any external investigations, assessments, and audits.
- Develop and mentor team members.
Minimum Requirement (Knowledge, Skills, And Experience)
- Working knowledge of banking regulations in the UK and Europe. The Middle East at an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of industry regulations and standards, including operations, quality assurance and HR
- Experience working in a senior compliance role within financial institutions or FinTech companies.
- Experience ensuring that new products brought to market comply with regulatory rules and expectations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and/or experience of digital financial products and offerings.
- Strong leadership experience and the ability to influence and build relationships, trust, credibility, and successful change through effective communication skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to understand and analyze complex regulatory, legal, financial, and operational requirements.
- 7+ years of experience in risk, regulatory, and compliance affairs for financial institutions (preferably payments-related) and/or FinTech companies.
- Bachelor's degree; Juris Doctorate or advanced business degree a plus.
- Industry certification is preferred (e.g., CAMS, CCEP, etc.).
- Have Compliance advisory experience and the ability to take a pragmatic, commercial approach to risk and compliance whilst achieving desired business outcomes
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
- Great tech
- …and more!
Please note that this role is starting as equity at this moment and then will move over to salary position once fundraising is complete.
RECRUITMENT AGENCY STATEMENT
MoneeMint Limited respectfully asks agents not to send speculative CVs.
Our preferred agent list is currently not accepting new agents and we will let the market know when we review our preferred agent list.
Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of MoneeMint Limited and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be considered invalid.
Please never send us CVs unless we have explicitly requested your company specifically to do so in respect of a specific vacancy.
In other words, in any situation where we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy – will be considered by us to be a “free gift”, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to contact the candidate directly and engage the candidate’s services, and will in no way establish any prior claim by your company to representation of that candidate should the candidate’s details also be submitted by any other party.
Therefore, submission of any unsolicited CVs to us by your company will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance and agreement by your company of these terms.