We’re hiring for an entrepreneurial Head of Finance with a flair for innovation and out-of-the-box thinking.
We are looking for someone passionate about the possibilities of new technology, automation and data analytics to transform the way companies use their financial and operational data, run accounting processes and manage their businesses; someone who intimately understands finance principles and regulations, knows the importance of strong business processes and attention to detail, loves efficiency and the concept of ‘continuous improvement’.
Working closely with the founding partners and the CTO, you will design, run and build an accounting unit that will provide our customers with a world-class finance function:
- Rapid, accurate accounting, regulatory and tax filing and cashflow monitoring
- Automate, automate, automate repetitive processes
- Expert advisory on tax, compliance and personal finance
- Provide entrepreneurs with real-time reporting, alerting and benchmarking to optimise their businesses and highlight risks and opportunities
- ‘Gamified’ goal setting and achievement reporting to incentivise sales staff
To do this effectively you will be constantly looking for better ways to service customers, strengthen our portfolio of outsourcing partners and technology providers, provide efficiencies through process automation, and insights through data analysis and benchmarking.
All of our ‘customers’ are entrepreneurs – bold, energetic, highly-motivated individuals and teams who are building and scaling exciting new ventures. You will effectively be the Finance Director to our international portfolio of customers: advising them on financial matters, reviewing financial reporting, business modelling and cashflow forecasting, support their fundraising as well as ensuring that they get excellent service on their regular accounting and tax reporting. The role is supported by a CFO, practice accountants, specialist accountancy and tax advisors and partners who do the nuts and bolts e.g. bookkeeping/ VAT returns/tax returns/accounts and personal tax advice.
In addition you will manage the finances of our business, running accounts across an international set of entities, working with our technology and operational teams to build automated and highly scalable processes, develop a dynamic realtime reporting infrastructure, tracking and managing platform running costs and cashflow, and working with the founders on budgeting, cost-benefit analysis and supporting fundraising activity.
The ideal candidate will be qualified accountant with an entrepreneurial edge. You will be a cornerstone of our rapidly growing business, working with the founders of the business to build a unique and highly digitalised finance function. In addition to salary and pension there is a bonus scheme and equity consideration for the right individual.
- Fully qualified accountant – 2-3 years post-qualified from leading accountancy firm, or in practice
- Strong academic record, quantitative subjects preferred
- Leadership experience and/or potential, effective at time management and strong at delegating, mentoring and teamworking
- Excellent client communication skills, ability to generate trust
- Advanced analytics with strong Excel, familiarity with PowerBI/Tableau or other dynamic data analytics preferred
- A results-focused innovator, excited to try new tactics and techniques to deliver results rapidly and effectively
- Structured thinker able to design robust processes and controls
- A collaborator who enjoys working with ambitious teams to create growth in dynamic and newly-emerging commercial markets
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and discretionary bonus
- Flexible, hybrid WFH & office-based model in central London location
- Stimulating, fast-paced, high-collaboration working environment
- Equity option scheme